The Shabby striketh!!!

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

The Shabby striketh!!!

Post by Captain6979 »

Went out on Saturday after another sweaty night, knowing the build-up is a-coming..plus I was way too excited to go fishing....again. Ha ha.
Plan was for Tangels, Tim and I to take the Shabby out and hit the front of Nightcliff/Lee Point against , and try hit some big fish, bugger the bottom-bounce, plus, rules are, no bait in the Shabby, ha ha!
PS, make sure there is at least 4m of water at Nightcliff ramp, or its kaka to launch.... Just made it in at 645am. Then a quick scoot around the coast with that tramp of a 2-stroke bangin' away, and we were Into it. Trolled a few lures out the back resulted in 1 good sized mack, early in the piece,well as a half-mack which got munched as I reeled it in.. Then the loss of $50 worth of lures getting bitten off in the span of 3-seconds, was enough to encourage us to try wire-traces..
Not much chop on the troll after that, and we decided to hunt schools for fun.
Bugger all bird-action was afoot, and we simply kept eyes out for school bust-ups, before waltzing in there like Stormin-Norman Schwartzkopf back in the day, and peppering the area with slugs..
It was fun seeing small-bust ups, and other boats seeing them as well, before realising we were going to get there well before them, love the 90hp to bits...
We boated another good Mack, before hitting another spot, where all hell broke loose, and before we knew it, there were Macks, Brassy's, Gold Trev's, and Tuna all around us. The Macks were up on the surface, savaging bait fish, shaking their heads like I do when people off me brussel-sprouts..
Tangels and Tim were in the thick of it, landing a good Gold Trev, more Macks, and I was looking like my total for the morning was going to be a half-eaten Mack.
Then amongst the madness, a fish took pity on me....
Thinking this was a Mack, I thought I had it in the bag, for a quick catch and bang it in the esky....the scream of the Stradic 4000 reassured me this was no mere Mack..
After 5 or so minutes of this thing peeling me around the boat 3 times, we got to see this was a Tuna. A good tuna..
5 minutes later, we decided to start following this thing to get it close for a netting, however every time we got closer, it went deep.. Didn't like that net.. Felt like walking the dog from the Shabby, ha ha.
5 minutes later we said, its the gaff for you my son! He didn't see that coming.. 90cm to the fork!!! A new PB!
Definitely a trip we wont forget in a hurry, we had it all: reels going Into the drink, only to be retrieved 150m of line later, rod snapped by big fish, and Tangels epic Lunch rolls! And some tasty fish on the side!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Shabby striketh!!!

Post by Eman »

That’s awesome fishing.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Helluva day out!

Tuna and blue skies.
fishhunter81
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fishhunter81 »

Awwwww shot bro!!!!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Great write up Mate 8) Action plus , well done Crew :catch:
Dreamrider-
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Dreamrider- »

Nice bumping into you yesterdat night mate. Awesome session close to home, well done I'm jealous :D
On my way to catch a 1 metre barra... some day
:D
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

You too buddy! yes, def have to take you out soon!
mafoo25
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by mafoo25 »

Noiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, great read
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

FooMan!!! Hope u well buddy!