rapid creek for legal barra?

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
baiter
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

rapid creek for legal barra?

Post by baiter »

Does anyone have an information on fishing rapid creek for barra. What tides and where?
Have been there on out going a couple of times and usually alot of rats at the mouth. But only ever caught rats there. Also have tried walking up to the openings a little further upstream but no barra there.

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: rapid creek for legal barra?

Post by theodosius »

At the mouth, either side. I had a mate who used to have the place wired. Top of the tide on plastics he'd regularly come back with a barra or two for an hour's fishing
baiter
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: rapid creek for legal barra?

Post by baiter »

Flickin4em wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:00 am I've got a couple of legal ones there myself back about 20 yrs ago ... but I found that ot was not a consistent producer unless you're after just rats and cod. There's a man made concrete barrage with a 1m + waterfall up the creek a fair way with a few deep holes in the bends below it and up under the bridge on trower rd is another spot that used to hold a few better ones in the runoff aswell as the odd smaller undersized jack (which have to be 35cm to be legal)

This time of year I'd suggest the rockbar below the footbridge on the beach on the beach front side on the upper half of the tide as an easier and less mudfest option with a chance of the odd pelagic or 2 aswell. . . But doing the miles to find better less accessible areas that aren't thrashed by every man and his dog you will be more likely to get decent sized fish IMO.
thanks for the reply. i did try to find the man made waterfall up the creek once but i think the tide was above it or i went down the wrong path. i have been trying to find new spots to fish. used to fish the spot on the side of dickward drive and used to catch a legal barra there maybe every second time i went. but have tried there maybe 4 or 5 times in a row with nothing so its getting a bit fustrating.