Camping with the kids ideas plese

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
blowski
Seadog
Seadog

Camping with the kids ideas plese

Post by blowski »

Hi guys want to take kids camping any ideas on somewhere could take them where they could wet a line a and drop in some cheribin traps just so they get some variety.
Somewhere they could swim would be a massive bonus obviously crocwise but a shallow area crossing or
Something

Eman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Camping with the kids ideas plese

Post by Eman »

Try Tumbling waters nice and close, you can put Cherabin pots in. They also do a movie night for the kids on a Saturday, they have a restaurant and you can have a fire. But like all water up here just be aware that there’s probably a croc in it. If you line it up with a big tide there a chance to a mangrove jack in the water running behind the property.
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Have a look at stray creek down the end of Fleming road in the Douglas Daly area.
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

i stopped at the Mary River Wilderness retreat and caravan park in october ,got the mary river down back fresh water ,great cabins and camping area ,two pools for the kids and heaps of rec things to do.its right on the arnhem highway too easy to get at . as they all said though be croc wise if setting pots in the logs
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Apparently stray creek has been all fenced off now. So I’m told, havnt been there for a while
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jersy »

Douglas daly c/park has some great spots along the river
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
blowski
Seadog
Seadog

Post by blowski »

Thanks heaps guys been reading a bit about oolloo crossing that place any good?
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

Douglas tourist part, You can drive to the daly for a flick if you continue along the road and you can drive across for an exsperiance. The hot springs themselves. When my kids come up we have to go there and there now 24 yrs old. If you go to the douglas bridge and shine a torch at night ur kids will be fascinated by whats in the water.
tight lines
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

blowski wrote:Thanks heaps guys been reading a bit about oolloo crossing that place any good?
Oolloo crossing is a nice place get barra there. As the other guys said watch out for crocs. Some big geckoes on the daly.