Jigging plastics

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jigging plastics

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

Wanted to get into jigging soft plastics (gulps, zmans etc) on reefs and wrecks for jewie and reefies after I hooked into a good GT at mandorah jigging them. Does anyone have any tips or tricks, or even the best harbour spots for doing this? By best spots, I mean the well known ones, not asking for your secret spots. Cheers

Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Jigging plastics

Post by Gibbsy »

Use the lightest jig head possible that you can get to bottom on. Drifting and jigging on smaller tides has worked for me. Good luck mate.
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Vibes work really well...around 95 mm is a good size.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

Thanks guys
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

mate i use berkley gulps 90% of the time here in bay with a lot of success and with the gulp shrimp pattens(3 inch to 5 inch ) i use really small hops of the bottom ,imagine them hopping up 100mm at a time then back down,with the rest of the grubs and the jerk shads its a larger jump up of the bottom or midwater if fish are sitting there .any plastic jerk shad or grub pattern will work this way ,you do have a lot bigger tides up there so heavier jigheads in the spring tides will be needed i presume .goodluck with it it is very addictive .