Ever caught a fish with a lost hook in its mouth?

Quiz FFF members on fishing and outdoors topics using the forum polling function

Ever caught a fish with a lost hook in its mouth?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 36

joesgotone
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ever caught a fish with a lost hook in its mouth?

Post by joesgotone » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Caught a long tail live baiting in QLD, that had something hanging out its butt. Found a bright red hook in its mouth with line attached. Didn't affect the Sushi at all.
Lost 2 fish in a small fresh water area and then after upgrading my outfit I landed a Jack with two spare hooks in its mouth.

how many is enough lures, rods and reels. Is there a magic number, considering you usually only catch 1 fish on a single lure on the one rod and reel your casting with.

NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 am

Caught a small barra at shady camp with a 45mm drop bear squidgy lodged inside its mouth, didn't look like it had been there long.

Kadango
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kadango » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:53 am

Nope, but hooked 2 lures in the one drain session - went to chase some flicking opportunities in the wet a couple of years ago for not much luck until I put a treble through the eye ring of a lure! Score.

Few flicks later, felt some resistance - and pulled in another one, this time fouled in some old line that had broken off with the lure

That day, no fish, but finally got some tackle back!
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:12 pm

I caught a power tail out at cahills one arvo which had a plastic hanging out its head, grabbed the plastic, through the fish back and tied it on and got a 76cm Barra that night with it hahaha 8) :cheers:
Edo

Return to “Fishing Polls”