East Vernon islands wreck

Leaving town and willing to share an old spot? Post 'em up and make the world a better place.
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

East Vernon islands wreck

Post by NT Wombat »

Anyone got any info on the charted wreck just south of Rooper rock east of the vernons?

Fished it a week or so ago for a heap of small reefies and some of the biggest Tawny Nurse Sharks i've seen. Looks like it would have snapper and Jewies there as well but we couldn't get past the pickers on little baits or the sharks on big/live baits. Hooked something that might have been a Jewie on a 150mm soft vibe but got dusted in the wreck.

I can't find any info on it whatsoever.

Cheers

Jamie

fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Re: East Vernon islands wreck

Post by fish4me123 »

Hi yeah I visited it 3 weeks ago. It's where I take newbies to catch tawny nurse sharks. It is so predictable I would bet on it. I caught the same one 3 times in a day. My uncle from Melbourne describes it as his greatest fishing moment, I geared up with a marlin rod put a reddy on and a brick to weight it down. 3 minutes and he was on. 20 minutes latter he saw it and it was over 3.5 mtrs and he tells this story to anyone who will listen. I have caught huge Spanish on it on lhs 500mtrs past it. Mainly at sunset.
tight lines
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Cheers Fishforme123, ever caught Jewies or snapper? Spot seemed to have potential just couldn't get past the pickers and Tawnys.
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

No I have only caught tawny sharks, I went there to get jew originally but none.
tight lines
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Cool, I might give it one more crack and if it's nothing but Tawnys and Batfish give up on it
JimmyTaylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JimmyTaylor »

would this be the wreck on boating australia app? 12.4.264S 131.10.856E
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Yes - sorry for the late reply