Getting back into it

Rumour has it that some FFF members are spearos. It's time to come out of the closet.
Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Getting back into it

Post by Flickin4em » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:50 am

Definitely be having a bit of a crack at the fish off Bynoe and Dundee this year coming once I get a new "sharkshield" :mrgreen:
Screenshot_2018-12-28-10-45-33.png
Sure they are a bit pricey but what value do you put on your life????
30774.jpeg
Few pics above from my last lap out to the Wessels a few years back 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Getting back into it

Post by john d » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:43 am

Will this work on crocs.

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:29 am

:croc: Nope .

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:54 am

john d wrote:Will this work on crocs.
Nah, it affects the sensors in the nose of the shark. If you had a shark in an aquarium that couldn't get out of the field it'll drop to the bottom in a fit ... they definitely work and a few models to suit divers or surfers and a bigger one for the boat out on the reef :mrgreen: you are a big animal once kitted out ...nearly 4m with fins and gun.

Used to carry 303 or 357 powerheads for the crocs as a last resort mate. Never even slid 1 on in all the diving I did including at rocky bay near yirrakala.( 20 plus crocs in its creek at the end of the bay only 1km max from a few of our spots ) Only ever seen 1 diving (was about 3m) and it wasn't hunting, just sunning himself on the rocks but slid in as I swum in closer for a pic and surfaced 5m from where it was... :roll:

Not the really the sport for someone who has no balls or heart problems though. :rofl:

Learned a fair bit about where to cast too. :D
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BarneyRubble » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:54 am

Slipped into the water up in Arnhem Land at the beggining of the year for a spear and I looked up when I was about 20mtrs from the boat and there was a 3mtr cruising about 20mtrs from the back of the boat so I made my way back..... was the first time for me!
Keen to do more of it up here though so please if anyone is going out and want someone keen to get in the water with them with a Riffe let me know.