Honda fuel usage

Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Honda fuel usage

Post by Bushy »

Gday everyone, just trying to work out an approx fuel usage on my 75hp honda 4 stroke older carbie model.
Prob is i havent used it enough to work out my self so was hoping someone here may have a similar motor and could give me an idea what to expect. At the moment im working on 20 litres an hr running at 4500 rpm.

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Honda fuel usage

Post by theodosius »

Depends on boat, conditions, load etc but I run a yammie 80 4 stroke efi on a 490 top ender with a bit of gear and get 2.5km/l under normal conditions. Best economy is 3 but thats empty, glass and trimmed out. I always take way, way too much fuel for a trip though
Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bushy »

Thanks fellas, yea flickin4em i got to try the new sounder out so will have to get a few fellas together and load the boat up.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

theodosius wrote:Depends on boat, conditions, load etc but I run a yammie 80 4 stroke efi on a 490 top ender with a bit of gear and get 2.5km/l under normal conditions. Best economy is 3 but thats empty, glass and trimmed out. I always take way, way too much fuel for a trip though
My DF80 EFI Suzuki on 4.55 Topender which is always loaded does the same as Theodosius on long runs about 2.5km/L and a bit better if glass off and running down the big rivers with the tide.

Cheers grumpy
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Have a 50hp Honda 4 stroke on a 455 seajay ( work on 3km/L never done the check though )

Best thing I noticed for better fuel economy 20 years ago when I used to race ski boats was the amount of difference a stainless steel propeller made.........

As Grumpy mentioned Tides is the biggest blowout to any fuel equations up here.

As theodosius mentioned nothing wrong with bringing fuel home.
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.