Early Christmas gift..

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Early Christmas gift..

Post by Captain6979 »

Well team, I'm posting this to the Land based section again, since its not in the water yet, just like the punt project..
The girlfriends StepDad was kind enough to gift me my next boat project..
A 4.4m long hull, (unsure what make), with a Johnson 40hp Seahorse 2-stroke on the back, and a hardly used trailer! Needless to say, I'm obviously stoked, but at the same time, dreading this next build, ha ha! She's also seriously wide at 1.8m across, which should be nice n stable.
Got a nice deep hull, especially at the front, with oodles of room for storage.. I've already envisioned a huge cast-deck, under floor storage for eskies etc, a section for live bait, and a smaller biminy, allowing for good casting room on the cast deck..
This one, unlike the mighty Punt, will eventually have a sounder and GPS, once the rest of the build is complete, that way it'll give me time to save a little. Ha.
Like I said, this will be the next build after the Punt is complete, which will be in the next 2 weeks..
Watch this space.. :cool:
Yarr..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Early Christmas gift..

Post by Captain6979 »

Ahhh biminy.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
souva31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by souva31 »

its all happening captain!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

:mrgreen:
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

Can't tell what breed of hull it is, but I can tell you, its gunna be a beast when I'm done with it. Ha ha
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

top stuff ,looks like an early savage to me
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

I reckon it could be ex-fisheries maybe in a past life before me, heaps of lift-point lugs inside the hull, handy if I ever have to hoist it up.
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

bl..dy bullet proof too i reckon ,the aluminium in those old rigs was double that of new ones ,i travelled aussie in 95 with a 80s model 3.9 savage on top didnt look like breaking on all the dirt roads i went on .that rig of yours could also be an old dehavlin cause of the low sides
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

She's deep in the front of the hull too. I'll put a mount for the electric on the front too. So I can use it on both this one and the punt.
N definitely getting the lads at AKS welding to do up a huge cast deck, with under storage, custom esky holder, and a good design for the anchor access at the front.
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

Wow, Al, just looked up the Dehavilland tinnys, and you may be right I reckon. V close in shape and design.
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

Its gunna take a few more hits with the Karcher to get her a bit cleaner I reckon... I've already decided that 1 small bung is basically useless in a hull this size.. Def the first thing to go in once its all stripped back..

Said goodbye to all the wiring/spaghetti incident she had as well. Looked like a posse of worms..

Also decided to Bring the biminy further back on the hull, so can get a massive casting deck up front.
Maybe even a nice insert for a high chair for sight-casting.;)

My friend also tells me that I shall never have mozzie issues while fishing in this rig, on account the smoke he says the 40hp Johnson 2-bangers put out! Ha ha! :rofl:
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Looks exactly like my Clark Cutter I used to own