Darwin Harbour help please!

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Elks2403
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Darwin Harbour help please!

Post by Elks2403 »

Hi all,

I'm still trying to suss out the harbour (which I'm told can take a bit of work). I'm hoping to head out on the Sunday and not sure the tides are great given that I've been told much of the harbour fishes best with a low under 2m.

Are there any tips for what locations/areas I should be looking for when it's a low of around 2.8?

No risk of me pillaging some good spots as I'm still a novice, but would love the help to start getting some barra in the boat!

Cheers,
Elks

steve29
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Darwin Harbour help please!

Post by steve29 »

Have a look through some old posts you will find that there are lots of tips from everyone here that will point you in the right direction and also have a good read through the fff book that will become your best friend and has heaps of info in it that's how I learnt alot about up here and also the blokes on here are bl..dy awesome but definitely read the book cheers 8)
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

Fish the flats on low tides above 2M and the drains once it starts to drop below 2m. I find the drains work best once the low tides drop below 1.6M
Elks2403
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Elks2403 »

Ok thanks Tristan. So should I be fishing around the low on these kind of days on the flats? Or am I likely to be left high and dry?
camfisho97
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by camfisho97 »

Just keep an eye on the depth with the finder and the creek mouths. Sat in one creek a few weeks ago until 1m with a 6m boat. Slow and steady
5.2m Formosa, 115hp Yami. Towed by a trusty Landcruiser 79series!