mary river houseboats question

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
al57
Seadog
Seadog

mary river houseboats question

Post by al57 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:09 am

hi people ,the little lady and i have booked the houseboat out at coroboree in october for 3 days .having not been there for 20 years can anyone tell me water conditions out there that time of year ,and has anyone been on these boats .how far they can go down the billabong fishing wise and can it go thru the cutthru which was there when i fished it .i wont be hiring the tinny just fishing out of the houseboat .relaxing is main aim this trip .thank in advance .

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: mary river houseboats question

Post by Flickin4em » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:43 am

Water should be perfect temp al .

Colour may vary between areas generally its much cleaner in deep long sections compared to the shallower bits .

Lots of the lotus lillies are pretty well just sticks left from last year in a lot of areas but a few good fields remain in several spots.

I've seen the houseboats up past the S bends ( 13 plus km from the ramp )but I reckon it'd take you all day to drive there... this takes you through one of the main cuttings. But I wouldn't attempt to drive to the rockhole though . it wont make it the corners are too tight and it can sometimes be shallow over the rockbar in the last bit of it that time of year. Plus you'd take up the entire channel and be asking for disaster running aground. They catch the wind and dont have much horsepower to fight it.

Bring a few elton john and gold little lucifers some placcies and plenty of mozzie spray and a thermocell.

Best of luck.
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:23 am

thanks heaps for your reply that helps so much ,yes have plenty of surface lures as main target will be toges .

NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:25 am

Black Reidy's J walkers fished slow and with long pauses at night..... Also be worthwhile trolling a couple of Black big ass B52's down the middle of the billabong after dark. There are still stonker Barra in Corroboree and nightime is when you get them. Fish from the couple of bends leading to the s bends to about a kilometer after the s bends.

al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:51 am

cheers will do that as well thanks for reply

Return to “Going Fishing?”