Write a fishing story

North Australian FISH FINDER TM is printed again in 2024.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Write a fishing story

Post by Matt Flynn »

NTMAG buys stories and photos from northern fishos - any topics covering FNQ, NT and Norwest. It doesn't matter if you can't spell, I will fix that (usually, haha) ... we just want good stories, pix and info.

If you can't type, buy some voice software and a cheap microphone, your PC will type for you as you speak :mrgreen:

Firstly, if you want to know more about NTMAG, look here ... http://www.fishfinderbooks.com/index.php/cPath/41

I have revised the NTMAG editorial rates down on April 16, 2015, because the falling Aussie dollar and inflation has increased print costs by 30%+, and there has been no advertising growth despite the title's excellent sales track record in Darwin.

RATES inc GST
1. Text and photos $75 per page to a maximum of $250 regardless of number of pages. I will pay more if a story has useful GPS marks for rockbars, reefs etc or a useful map or Dr Depth chart that would add sales to the magazine.
2. Double-page photo as part of a story $60 (included in the $250 per story maximum as in No.1).
3. Single full-page photo as part of a story $30 (included in the $250 per story maximum as in No.1).
4. Exclusive newsy stories with pictures - eg how you sunk your boat, got terribly bogged, or a true trophy fish capture, a good shark or croc attack pic, GPS marks, are paid a premium. To be paid top dollar please keep these pictures off the internet and other mags until it is published in NTMAG etc - call me on 03 6266 0137 to negotiate rates on premium articles.
5. True remote area articles with particularly good pix and info might be paid a premium.

I can't guarantee how many pages any given article will get, because there are many factors to take into account. All stories will be edited, sometimes substantially - this is normal practise in all publications.

Cheers
Matt Flynn
Last edited by Matt Flynn on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Write a fishing story

Post by Matt Flynn »

Still keen to buy stories for my magazine, including yarns from those entering the billfish comps, or just chasing billies.

Not just NT, but NQ and Kimberley.

Keep the camera going, you can't take pix after the trip.

If you have a yarn idea flick me a PM :mrgreen:
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbsy »

I might get back on the bandwagon for this Matt, it's been a few years.
I'm not on Groote anymore so some Darwin & surrounding areas.
Insanity is a good place to hide from reality!

It is not how long the fish is but how long you have fished & how long you've wished.......
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

That would be great Hobbsy, always keen for a good harbour or Bynoe yarn.
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbsy »

with my current boat, mainly "sweet water" fishing will be on the cards. Dam I miss the boat I had on Groote.......
Insanity is a good place to hide from reality!

It is not how long the fish is but how long you have fished & how long you've wished.......
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Have Armaguard on standby Flickn

:mrgreen:
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Ya don't want everybody to know, Flickin.

Somebody might kidnap ya and hold you for ransom then we'd have to organise crowd funding to get ya back.
Regards
Ronje