A YEAR ON

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: A YEAR ON

Post by Flickin4em » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Cheers for the info.
Ive trolled around heaps with the leccy using hard bodies and big rubbers through areas where I've marked suspended fish way out in the middle of the dam a couple of times. They can be worked casting too in a few bits. Some good hits have come from areas where they cleared the trees into piles of snags with the dozers back in the day. I run mostly pre rigged stuff but have just got on the zman and kokoda bandwagon. Any standout lures you'd recommend ?
We do have a couple of rocky points and a fair bit of deep water but miles of it .. (well over 1/2) is shallow weedbeds and lillies about 2m or less from the surface. Making it more weedless frog and tangodancer country. Got a 93 one arvo on a livie but it's hell boring.
I just switched over to a new Lowrance a bit before xmas it's bl..dy brilliant. Can't belive what I've been missing without it.
I will keep trying to get onto a few out there it's a good spot to spend a few hours regardless of fish tally.
Cheers :drinking8:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

CJ87
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: A YEAR ON

Post by CJ87 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Well finally got out for a fish. Went Saturday arvo for a look, said to myself i wouldn't fish or look in the usual spots in the hope of finding something new.

Went okay, learnt a few new areas and caught two in the low 80's. Both ate 5 in soft plastics.

Got smashed by the electrical storm on the run home after dark. Had to google what happens when a boat get struck by lightning when i got home, a few were way to close! Lost my sunnies trying to retrieve the boat is the pissing rain but all in all a good arvo.

Went back up today with the family for a swim. Its really an awesome piece of water.

Cheers

Return to “Lake Kununurra”