New Quintrex apex hulls

nautildawg82
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

New Quintrex apex hulls

Post by nautildawg82 »

Good afternoon crew,

I’ve tried being patient but now have to ask around; does anyone have any experience/thoughts with the new Quintrex apex hulls? I’m pretty curious to see how they handle the chop/swell offshore. There are a couple of YouTube clips with them but i would rather hear from anyone whose been in one. The forked nose does nothing (IMO) for the aesthetics but I think they would be pretty functional (for what i want) if the advertising is accurate...but how do they ride ? Thoughts? When I don’t see any around I get.... suspicious that someone knows something I don’t.

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: New Quintrex apex hulls

Post by theodosius »

They look ugly as but are heaps more practical, loads more room fir the length
FITZY
Seadog
Seadog

Post by FITZY »

I spoke to Michael in service at IOM and he said he wouldn't recommend them for offshore as they ride similar to the Hornets . He said if fishing rivers and moving along the coastline they will be fine . He said they are very stable and 2 big blokes can stand on one side without it tilting .

bl..dy ugly front end on them
nautildawg82
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nautildawg82 »

Thanks for the heads up - RE Coastal vs Bluewater fishing. I though it might be to good to be true that they handle the swell and chop offshore but have all of the benefits of a hornet in close. I’ll keep my dreams up for another day/boat model.
nautildawg82
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nautildawg82 »

By geez the front looks ugly IMO.
Corry
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Corry »

Yeah, my thoughts are that they are as ugly as sin. I went to the Sydney Boat Show last year as I'm looking at updating from our current 5m Top Ender, really want something plate, but figured I'd look at the new Top Ender. The response I got was pitiful, they had next to no Top Enders to look at, although they had dozens and dozens of Quinnies, and the guy there told me that they aren't pushing the Top Enders any more, just these Apex Hulls and Renegades.
I've loved my Top Ender, it's been part of the family since 2001, and has been a great boat, and I'd say nearly the driest boat I've been in. So for now, it's in getting a new Pro XS fitted, and I'll look further at hull options once we finish this years NT Trip, but it won't be an Apex Hull as we need a cross between inshore and offshore.
Cheers
Corry
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Bit of water under the bridge now.

Any reports anyone been in one or own one.
Some one up here must own one surely.
interested in performance compared to the goo old topender :)

Cheers
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

I was paying attention to 2 different ones in the Harbour on Tuesday and they seemed to cut through the chop really well and both seemed to stay at a constant plane without bashing big spray all the time but the wave/swell was only at about 3ft. Been reading the reports since their inception and haven’t heard or read anything that wasn’t positive. Not sure how they’d go out at Fenton on a good day though!
https://www.clubmarine.com.au/explorebo ... -Essential
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Yeah i have done a bit of a search and can't really find a lot after the first reviews which were all OK.
I have a 5.6 ocean whaler tri hull fiber glass boat which is a beauty (Had it from new about 9 years now) but was thinking of down sizing a little as the kids are gone and just me and the missus. Don't do a lot of of sure stuff anymore.

Might be a bit easier to handle as the age thing sets in Ha ha ha.

thanks for the reply Ninja