24v battery charger

Tanman
Silver Member
Silver Member

24v battery charger

Post by Tanman »

Hi.
Was wondering what charger people are using for their 24v systems. (2 x 135Ah 12v batteries for an 80lb motorguide)

Anybody had an experience with these from kickass?
https://www.australiandirect.com.au/buy ... /KACHG2410

Cheers

FITZY
Seadog
Seadog

Re: 24v battery charger

Post by FITZY »

Tanman I use the Prosport 20amp charger I got from in and outboard marine ( $395 ) . It comes with 2 leads ( pos and neg ) to connect directly to both battery's so they charge at the same time . It is designed to be an onboard charger but I changed the ends to an Anderson plug and set my battery's up with Anderson plugs attached to the battery box and simply plug it in when I get home. Being an open boat I wanted to reduce the risk of water damage but they are waterproof. You can these from USA for $250 US dollars but you have to buy a new lead for them the same as what's goes into the back of a computer as they are made for world wide use . the only issue is warranty and that why I purchased local

I find with chargers you are better off getting a decent quality one especially if you are charging $300 batterys
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Got the NOCO Genius 12/24 no complaints
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

I checked out a stack of them in the last few months, I'm gonna go the one Fitzy bought from IO Pocket when I get a spare four hundred. It seemed to be the best, connects to each battery individually and punches out 20 amps over the array.

That kickass looks OK for the price, but it's only 10A and needs to charge the complete bank as one. The Prosport will do each battery at its exact requirement so would be a much better unit long term.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

Everything I have bought from KickAss has been good.

I have a C-Tek MXT14 24 volt multi stage charger which I put an Anderson plug on so it connects to one battery but charges both thru the system. I then put an Anderson plug onto a couple of good size battery clamps so you can also hook it straight to batteries if you want.
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

grumpy wrote:Everything I have bought from KickAss has been good.

I have a C-Tek MXT14 24 volt multi stage charger which I put an Anderson plug on so it connects to one battery but charges both thru the system. I then put an Anderson plug onto a couple of good size battery clamps so you can also hook it straight to batteries if you want.

X2
slamminsam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slamminsam »

Noco Genius G7200 Great for everything