Manton dam hints.......some times it works....

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Manton dam hints.......some times it works....

Post by 2rods »

Thought I would post up a few hints for Manton dam...... someone might get something from it :mrgreen:

I am by no means a manton dam guru but I have managed to pull a few fish out of there in the past couple of years.... here is where I fish..

1. Straight across from the ramp...the rocky headland... troll from the rocks back towards the big markers.

2. The bank closest to the highway (eastern) up near the wall ...say from the rope back towards the rocky headland in spot 1... have a good look at the sounder ...a few good snags on that bank

3. The rocks to the left of the ramp.... cast softies to the rocks there as the sun is setting and try them susspending rubbers... I hear they work well

4.trolling out in open water also seems to work there at times keep a good eye on the sounder...FIND THE FISH FIRST....it's been said a million times before get a good sounder :smile:

As for what lures..............

I like shallow divers at night....gold bombers and that sort of thing..dark colours...if you look around the takle shops you can get them in black top dark purple sides :wink:

I have also had some fun with barra classics in bleeding mullet colours...take a few deep divers so you can target the fish hanging on the deeper snags.

If you fish up near the rope please don't go past it or fisheries and PWCNT will get ticked off...last thing we need is for them to close it off :|

As for moon phases ect....... you will have to try a few and find out by some of the reports getting around it should not be to hard to work out. :naughty:

This time of year it can fire up big time....you don't normaly get heaps of fish but the ones you do get are big fat girls that will test you out and your gear so make sure your line, leader and hooks are up to the task..if your smart you will get some owner trebbles and super strong split rings on them lures before you go...otherwise :cry: :cry:

It is a relaxing place to fish...good for the O/B and the boat as well... In the old boat I always pulled out the bungs before I pulled the boat and trailer out to go home and gave the bildge a good wash with fresh water easy to do with a sealed deck

Just don't leave anything of value in your car

happy :fishing: :catch: :catch:

:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

If it’s big “Toga that blows your hair back then have a go casting along the areas marked with the red lines. The area inside the red circle is good for casting for Barra around the drowned trees, but hang on tight, it’s rollercoaster ride through the timber!

Best lures are spinnerbaits and Scum frogs/rats and their generics.
Bibbed silicon flies really slay the ‘Toga as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Ray Broughton
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ray Broughton »

Great tips fellas... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jonesy and I headed out there a couple of weeks back, just surface lures in the weed bed around that rocky point, no hits in about three hours. Moon was clouded over and we copped a large storm just before launching.. May have put em off a bit??

Keen to give it another go though, perhaps set Jonesy's leckie up and troll said areas more rather than flick? What you guys reckon?
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.........
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Thanks for the tips. :mrgreen:
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Manton

Post by jasonmcc »

I have sort of put manton in the too hard basket. I have fished it about half a dozen times at night, tried all sorts of different spots and tactics and never even had a strike.

Would love to catch a fish there but its tricky.

Jason
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Ray I see Shane Compain was saying they were doing ok casting around the rocky points although I reckon the electric is the go that way you can hear fish feeding and cast to them also
Ray Broughton
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ray Broughton »

Thanks Max.... Yeh I reckon its gotta be better to cover more ground. especially when it's slow... And by all reports it's pretty much that way all the time out there.... Though I'm sure that storm that went through didnt help our cause at all.. dropped the air temp about 20 degrees... :mrgreen: :cheers:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.........
Tucky88
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Manton dam hints.......some times it works....

Post by Tucky88 »

thanks for the tips guys, we are heading there this weekend for a night run to see what we can get... never fished it before but am keen to give it a good go.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Electric motor trolling does ok
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Seagypsy88
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Seagypsy88 »

Some good tips there cheers