quintrex

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
brad1991
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

quintrex

Post by brad1991 »

hi guys, was just looking for some advice. i am looking to buy a new top ender around the 490 mark but am also looking at the renegades. Has anyone ever owned/ compared the two boats am i better off spending that extra money and getting a top ender? cheers

Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: quintrex

Post by Gibbsy »

Haven't owned any but have 5.35m sea Jay tropic setup similar to renegade. And have been in both renegades and top enders. Find the renegade doesn't bounce as much as top ender but top ender drier with hull design. Big casting deck on renegades. Both good boats. Have been out wide in mates 490 top ender as well as a 5.2m renegade
brad1991
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by brad1991 »

cheers mate they both sound good i will have to have a good think about it.
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Ive had a 5.3mtr Top Ender for 17years. First of the Millennium Hulls, best boat I have ever been in, dry,smooth,strong. Ive been in many other boats of similar size and got drenched. But the Renegade is a very popular boat, never been in one so cant compare.
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

I have a TopEnder 4.55 it is 16 years old and going strong and on its second trailer the original trailer in the photo had those stupid rocking rollers and the Gunn Point road did flog the bottom of the boat at the back a bit. I run an 80 Suzuki as I do a lot of kilometres. Good dry boat in the chop and I have been in some ugly seas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Oh and other thing I forgot you get full size pod with top enders . Renegades you get one step depends on what you prefer. But like grumpy and quinntreximon said both good boats
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Oh and other thing I forgot you get full size pod with top enders . Renegades you get one step depends on what you prefer. But like grumpy and quinntreximon said both good boats for both Bluewater and Barra fishing
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Got a 490 Top Ender Tournament and it is an awesome allround boat. Flats, Tiwis, Anson Bay, Billabongs, Gas Rig etc and easily managed by 1 person. Good wide gunwales and high sides, brilliant hull in chop too.
brad1991
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by brad1991 »

thanks guys for input i like the sound of having the pod i might be better off spending that bit extra and getting the top ender. has anyone had any experiences with the alloy trailers they come with? like corrugation and dirt roads?
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Alloy us great for no rust, but I wouldn't take it out to Cobourg!
Karl123

Post by Karl123 »

I have had a 510 Topender for 5 years with a 1000 hours on the motor, I have been up creeks, on mudflats, out wide places I thought I would never go in it. The sea has been flat, choppy and a times unbelievable but it it has always brought us home. We have caught ever type of fish. I can handle it by myself or have a overnighter with a couple of mates. In October my son and I are off to King Ash Bay for the first time and we both can hardly wait
ccutting93
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ccutting93 »

I have a top ended and highly recommend them. Been in some ugly seas and come through unscathed and dry. A mate has the 570 top ender with an alloy trailer. He cracked it bad last year on a very ordinary road but he is know for driving a bit on the fast side. Quality and stable boat tho. King ash bay is a great place Karl123 let me know how you go heading down there myself in late October
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

Karl123 wrote:I have had a 510 Topender for 5 years with a 1000 hours on the motor, I have been up creeks, on mudflats, out wide places I thought I would never go in it. The sea has been flat, choppy and a times unbelievable but it it has always brought us home. We have caught ever type of fish. I can handle it by myself or have a overnighter with a couple of mates. In October my son and I are off to King Ash Bay for the first time and we both can hardly wait
I will be there in oct also

I will look out for you boat

Cheers bm
you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind