Total scan transducer

mike davis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Total scan transducer

Post by mike davis »

Anyone running a total scan transducer on a tinny and can recommend mounting position. I want to keep using the standard 83/200 for depth reading and use the total scan unit just for structure scan, so what I want to know is can I Mount the unit above the bottom of the hull so the unit is a better protected while at speed and then when trolling or marking marking areas the unit will be in the water. Any ideas.

NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Total scan transducer

Post by NBN »

Absolutely. Had mine mounted in the same position as the original transducer; well above the bottom of the hull.

I do travel with a cover on it on the road given its length. Old piece of wetsuit arm works for me.
mike davis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mike davis »

What i want to do is attach it to the sliding bracket as in picture, then just take sliding attachment off while travelling
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

I'm not an expert but reckon that would be fine
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Should be ok mate but with the mount on the slider you can drop it under the hull once on the spot to reduce the interference. But your skeg will still show up in the structure scan ..... but it should be no worries in anything over 1.5m

Good luck and hope to see u out there slayin it...
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.