Again another Arnhem Land trip....

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Again another Arnhem Land trip....

Post by BarneyRubble »

Heya All,
Another quick report, some pics and some tales from another trip up to our little gem of a spot 2hrs from Cahills.

So as the others started the boys managed to con their bosses in to having Friday and Monday off, they headed out to Jabiru arriving 10ish on the Thursday night. Saying all this noticed two days prior i had sheared a leaf spring on the car, ohwell it will make it...
Car was semi packed already seen I was on some days off, only thing was to pack the boat, check the tides for Cahills and head off in the morning.
Bright and early wake up, low was at 8, managed to get there at 9. Pressures down and hit the corrugations! Road was pretty good all the way to Gunbalanya then was a bit sh..ty to 3-ways then was a Hwy up to our turn off.
Track was pretty shonky as it always is, plenty of tracks across the floodplain with a nice deep crossing........ nahhhhh through the little forrest it is. Popped out the other side and the water looking amazing!

Was going to try a new camp spot but the car and boat managed to sink straight away, $89 set of knock-off maxtrax and a little more air out and out she came.
3 new Kings Double Deluxe Swags thrown off the car, set up along with everything else. Boat set and launched!

Headed straight out to a close by island and threw the lines in for a quick trawl.
Managed a good collection of species over the 3 days fishing, with my PB Trev, good size Queenie, A few mackie, 4 nice looking Tunas and a handfull of Coral Trout, oh and the all so populated Barracuda!

A snorkel and mask was also taken and used as there are painted crays and clams up there but the water wasnt the best clarity and I sorta wanted to have good vision of everything around me...
After previous 4 day trips the salt water starts to get sticky and feel a bit yuck, i had previously heard of a fresh water spring that runs almost all year round but I had completed forgotten about it. Speaking to a nice fella that was up there reminded us of this little gem. Headed out end of the second day to find it and we did!!! OMG it makes the trip so much more pleasurable and bearable...

PS those that want to get the Double Deluxe cheap swags from Kings get ready to upgrade your fly screen as it doesnt stop sandflies.... OMFG got smashed first night, second and third the swag were set up in a triangle and the thermocell in the middle and also moved about 20 meters towards the beach and WALLAH.
All in all was a good trip, the car and its suspension made it back and nothing broke on the trailer or boat.

Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Again another Arnhem Land trip....

Post by Edo »

sounds awesome but i cant bring up your pix.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

He's looking into an alternative to Photobucket, who now charge a small fortune if you want to display your pix on a third-party site
nooblet
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by nooblet »

Here are some
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

nice trip lads...
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

8) Very Nice
fishhunter81
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fishhunter81 »

Awesome trip! The conditions look pretty mint too....
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Pelagic City! Thanks for posting.
Niglet
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Niglet »

god old sandy creek hey