Cahills Kaos

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Cahills Kaos

Post by Edo »

So my parents came up last week and i took a week off and went out with them and my family to experience some KaKadu magic.
We did lots of sight seeing and showed them all the regular haunts including Ubirr and Nourlangie etc and packed in a little baitcast combo especially for Cahills.
After all i couldnt let them go home without seeing some crocodiles and hopefully the odd Barra.
So i put on a 3 inch Zman and hooked up first cast.
Was an awesome arvo with lots of fish landed and some new PB's for all my boys, even my old man caught his first ever Barra at the ripe old age of 71.
We were there about 3 hrs before the high and fished the relatively clear waters untill the tide pushed through.
We must have caught 20 odd fish with 4 over 55 and the bigger ones as you can see where nice and fat chromies, the biggest was caught by my 10yr old and went 67cm.
We released all fish for another day, i cast the rod for the kids so they could stand a safe distance back and kept a close eye out for the snappys.
I was going to enter them in last months FFF comp but out of all the grey nomads standing around watching, no one had a paper and i wasnt that organised myself :bonk: hahaha.
Cheers
Edo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Cahills Kaos

Post by Jer »

Looks like fun. Always nice to get the fam on to barra.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Good on ya edo.. nice to get the old man a baz. Over the years guiding others onto their first one has given me more pleasure than catching heaps of them myself and watching others struggle through it. :)
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Awesome!
Tap'n'Zap
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Tap'n'Zap »

land base Barra are heaps of fun, well done
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

:clap: Nice work Edo, sounds like a great little LB session. Always good to get an upgrade for the kids and your old man would've been stoked as well :catch: Bet the grey nomads were impressed.

:cheers:
M elv
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Melv wrote::clap: Nice work Edo, sounds like a great little LB session. Always good to get an upgrade for the kids and your old man would've been stoked as well :catch: Bet the grey nomads were impressed.

:cheers:
M elv
Mate......should have heard the clapping from the "gallery" when my boy pulled in his 67, it was a classic :rofl:
The old man was wrapped, he said to me: no your right mate, i dont want to fish" i said here wind this in and BANG, he was on. After the photo
i was up the bank sorting a few lures and look around and here he is trying to cast out for another one hahahaha so yeah ,i think he enjoyed that first fish.
Edo