Caius vs Curado

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Caius vs Curado

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

Hi, I am looking for a bait cast feel with a bit more line capacity. Currently have a Casitas 150hg. Should I get a Caius 200 or spend double the money for a curado?

goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Caius vs Curado

Post by goldfish »

Spend the extra coin mate, you get what you pay for :mrgreen:

I ran CURADOS for years for my clients and they survived all the abuse the territory environment dishes out and are easy to work on. The boys at FISHING AND OUTDOOR WORLD should be able to do a decent price on it for you.

In the end it all comes down to care and maintenance of your gear. As even a top of the line reel will be stuffed in one trip if you are dumb enough to drop it in the beach sand then rinse it in the nearby mangrove creek. Then leave it unwashed for a week. Not mentioning any names. ..LOL. :rofl:

1. Tighten your drag right up when washing them ... the shower is perfect for it.

2. Definitely don't use the gurney.!!!!

3. Shake or air blow most of the water off and dry in the sun pulling the side plate off and sliding the spool across will get it done way quicker.

4. Oil your spool bearings and braking surface for the casting weights this should only need 3 drops and then back the drag off before putting it away.

5. Fillet all the Barra you just caught.

:cheers:
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

Thanks, any particular rod you would recommend?
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Graphite all the way... the model depends on what you want to use it for a GL2 loomis 12-20lb is pretty well balanced with that reel running 30 - 50lb platyl or whiplash. and can cast lures from 10cm X-RAPS to big ass B52s all day. Shimano raiders aren't a bad option either.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.