Did you visit the Darwin 4WD Camping Expo? How was it?

Quiz FFF members on fishing and outdoors topics using the forum polling function

How did you rate the 2017 Darwin 4WD Camping Expo?

No votes
5%
26%
11%
No votes
Didn't go
58%

Total votes: 19

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Did you visit the Darwin 4WD Camping Expo? How was it?

Post by nomad »

I went to it a few years ago with some visitors from NSW where we both used to live.
The Darwin show was actually smaller than the one in the country town with a population of 50 000 people.
Actually they had more exhibits in NSW.
Never again
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Didn't know it was on . :sleep:
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

It wasn't too bad....I went early on Saturday before it got busy....yes not a lot of stuff compared to shows down south...but imagine the cost of bringing your wares all the way to Darwin for a 2 day show! A lot of these companies are small businesses so I can understand why they wouldn't want to where the cost of coming to Darwin to promote their product with what would be limited sales.
I did get to check out a couple of campers that had a lot of miles under the belt....still covered in dirt etc....they were impressive!
No matter where you go, there you are!
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Yep, went down for a look.

As mentioned previously not that much stuff but some decent discounts on what was on display... got an oztrail portable fan light combo that runs on 2 x D cells for 20 bucks saving $15 from the fishing and outdoor boys and took it out in my mates boat on sat night ..... ran beautifully to the point I had to turn it off because I was freezing . LOL. It worked great with the endless supply of mozzies and other bugs though running a fair chunk of the night and again in the pre dawn session and a couple of times when we were trolling back to the ramp or drifting and casting to snags.

Has already paid itself off I reckon, also I have shown it to 2 people and theryre both buying one too. Batteries lasted well including when using the built in led lights and it was still running strong after 7hrs plus still. Fitted with duracell procells bought from CNW electrical at berrimah.

Also picked up a spare H14r.2 led lenser at a bargain price too.

And got a bit of valuable advice off the outback batteries fellas regarding charging the battery for the leccy off the main motor. Saved 70 bucks on a awesome charger for at home there too. Heaps of eye candy in the way of decked out rides and camping rigs too.

The FMX boys put on a good show too throwing down some impressive tricks like superman indy flips and rulers ...despite the windy conditions. The kids loved it and I will be going back agian next year.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Didn't know it was on