Accessory port 12v

b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Accessory port 12v

Post by b-radical »

Hi fellas does anyone still use these and know where I can locate the fittings in Darwin or can you suggest a better option, came with the boat and can't find them anywhere

Thanks for any feedback hopefully the picture is attached

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:cheers:
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Accessory port 12v

Post by theodosius »

BCF and BTC
Gagey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gagey »

For your fibreglass boat nothing better than the old hella plugs. You can get cheaper plastics.
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

Had some success did the ring around road tech marine had stock although I found out they're not used much anymore since the Anderson plug took over, so I updated and went for a cig socket and twin USB socket should replace the original two pin plug holes as a neat fit, finally now I can go look for a handheld spottie for them night the ips
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

I've found that the ciggie sockets don't last long before they corrode and you end up with a dodgy/hot connection. Especially if running something that pulls a few amps, eg. Fridge, spotty, etc.

I've converted my fridge fittings to the ones you were chasing for that very reason. Also can't get accidentally knocked out without you realizing. Just make sure you get the 20 amp fittings, not the 3 amp if running a fridge etc.
ambush
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ambush »

Remove the outercasing and screws change over to50amp anderson plug connection. You can buy a piggy tail adaptor with anderson on one end and a standard 12 volt. Gives you option for low draw cureent appliances fan, chargers etc or anderson to Anderson for higher draw current appliances etc engels
Good luck
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

Now you got me really thinking scottmac & ambush.... the cig sockets i purchased are 10amp plan to use for a spotlight mainly but i see your point scottmac experienced the same thing with my car accessory sockets, ill take on your advice fellas and change over to fittings with higher amps i have the receipt and would rather get it right the first time

thanks for the advice jobs on this weekend
ThreeLittleFish
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ThreeLittleFish »

Stick with the 2 pin Hella sockets and change the plug on your spotty/fridge or whatever. Or if you run an engel change one to an engel socket. Much better than ciggy socket and less rooting around than fitting Anderson plugs. IMO
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

Have stuck with the 2 pin and changed me handheld spotty over thanks for advice fellas