Tide at the Mouth of the Mary

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Tide at the Mouth of the Mary

Post by tristan.sloan »

Hi guys,

I'm looking to find out the low tide at the mouth of the Mary. I understand the barrage is 5 hours or so behind Darwin but how does the mouth compare to Darwin tide times? is it 2 hours behind or 3?

There obviously is a lag between the tide at the barrage and the mouth I am just trying to find out how much.

jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Tide at the Mouth of the Mary

Post by jonr »

the tide change at the mouth of shady is 2 hours behind Darwin. give or take 20 min.

on spring tides the high tide at the barrage is 2 hours behind the mouth or 4 hours behind Darwin.

on neaps it can be harder to predict the change as it depends on food water... but it is usually 4-5 hours behind Darwin tides.

at the moment you can launch any tide. ..

jon

jon
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

the tide change at the mouth of shady is 2 hours behind Darwin. give or take 20 min.

on spring tides the high tide at the barrage is 2 hours behind the mouth or 4 hours behind Darwin.

on neaps it can be harder to predict the change as it depends on food water... but it is usually 4-5 hours behind Darwin tides.

at the moment you can launch any tide. ..

jon

jon
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

cheers Jonr,
I just had Mike Miloshis from CDU advise me to use the chambers bay reading for the mouth of the Mary which puts low tide at 12:30pm at the mouth which is about 2 hours behind Darwin, point stuart has a similar reading at 12:40