Access to the Daly River

Real time reports from FFFers on the things that matter most
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Access to the Daly River

Post by tristan.sloan »

Does anyone know the tidal difference between the mouth and the boat ramp? looking at doing a run down there over the weekend.

wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog »

Tristan, I dont think the tide will affect you when launching at the Wooliana boat ramp as there is still 6 meters of water flowing down buddy.

But in answer to your question, its generally on the springs about 5 hours after Dwn Tide times, a little less on the neaps.
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

Great, thanks Wazdog. wasn't too concerned about launching just wanted to know when the tide was going to be pushing in to slow down the flow from some of those feeder creeks
jakedafish
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by jakedafish »

Anyone know what level Bamboo Creek is at?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
notsolucky
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by notsolucky »

So we had a crack on the weekend and slept two nights in the boat for a few threadys and five barra, biggest 88cm. We fished hard and the creeks looked ok but no bait anywhere so it was tough going after all the crackin reports we've heard. I thought there would be more water on the floodplains. Hopefully there are some top up storms before the wet ends.
Visit us at www.flickandflyjournal.com for fishing articles, tips and recipies from across oz