Minn Kota ipilot Vs the Motorgude with spotlock

cards
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Minn Kota ipilot Vs the Motorgude with spotlock

Post by cards »

Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist, while you guys were busy arguing about the glass of water - I drank it!

Yours sincerely, The Opportunist!
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Thx Cards.
Leaving the Ulterra auto stow and deploy aside (I'm not old enough for that....just yet), seems to be positive feedback re the new gps and Ipilot spot lock but not enough for me to change my mind. One more day of research and the order goes in on Friday.

Probably the MG.

Maybe.
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

Got the fresh water MG on mine NBN. Great motor very responsive and gateway linked to all of my sounders so I can control it at any point.
The fresh water model has an inbuilt 83/200 sonar which comes in handy when fishing off the front and selecting it as source on my front unit. Esp in the deep. I just run a sacrificial anode on the prop shaft so I can fish the salt as well.
Just be aware that when you sync the pedal to the motor it's very tricky and must be done within the 10sec time frame. Took me several attempts and eventually got it with the help of a mate. I had no issues syncing the hand remote tho.

Ps: buy yourself a leccy leg and protect your motherboard in the head unit from rattling itself to pieces on long drives.

Cheers,

Richie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mad KEEN!
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Any info on the leccy leg you talk of Richie. Always wondered about this. My quick release base place has a lot of play in it. A lot more that my old minn Kota. I have always wondered about it shaking about when on longer trips
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Yeah Mickk, people have been worrying about storing the MK while travelling to the fishing spot but I reckon they cop more of a flogging on the water than any road can dish up

i like the idea behind the auto stow/deploy but its just something else to fail
The Tracker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Tracker »

MY m/g hasnt let me down yet but in saying that i've only used it a hand full of times. how do use fellas go about maint/cleaning after a trip out in the salt.

Cheers

Dylan
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

mickkk wrote:Any info on the leccy leg you talk of Richie. Always wondered about this. My quick release base place has a lot of play in it. A lot more that my old minn Kota. I have always wondered about it shaking about when on longer trips
Pic attached mate. Google leccy leg or check em out on FB. A pretty simple set up that just stows up out of the way when in use. You could probably make something up yourself but I'm a lazy pr..k. Come in black or white.

Richie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mad KEEN!
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Went with the MG xi5, mated with a 105ah AGM. Perfect for sneaking around estuaries, rivers and dams in my 440 hornet trophy.

Very happy; excellent on pinpoint, very precise and doesn't strangle itself if it wigs out.

2nd cast after hitting the anchor button for the first time. Happy days.