Two Jew

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Two Jew

Post by Melv »

Just like a Jewie only smaller.............. :fishy:

Won a few brownie yesterday by getting the kids out of Mums hair for half a day. She's happy and I get to go fishing while earning points, Win, Win :mrgreen:

Took em into Middle Arm which was looking very tannin coloured as expected. Didn't have any high hopes for the day, just good fun getting out in the boat with my boys, a bit of cricket on the radio and if we could rustle up a feed for the family, happy days. Tried a few of the regular haunts for a handful of undersize all sorts but was pretty quiet in general then I remembered having plucked a few Jewies in years past when the water was like this. Ended up back in the main channel fishing a couple of random marks that I had.

At one point the wind blew up a bit and the anchor dragged and hooked up again maybe 40 metres from where we'd been. "This'll do" I said to the boys and no sooner had the words left my mouth and I hooked up on a small Jewie. 5 minutes later my other rod bent over and 20 metres of line disappeared in a flash then...........nothing :( a failed knot :bonk: There goes the big one..................... This made me feel even worse cause I'm pretty anal with my knots and rarely have one fail.

One more mini Jew and it was time to go. Boys had a cracker morning and were stoked to be bringing home a feed for Mum. Reckon there's a few in there at the moment, might go back for another crack at the big one soon.

:cheers:
Melv
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Two Jew

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Well done!
Fishing with kids is one of the best way of building memories with them.
:applause:

Have a good day,
Pecheur
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Good work mate :mrgreen: smart taking the pics with the kids holding the fish .
Makes em look bigger, :mrgreen:
Still a good day and a good feed . :cheers:
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Good on ya Melv!

Every day on the water is valuable training, and the kids will benefit from every trip

Cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!

Return to “Barramundi Reports”