Manton

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
bandit

Post by bandit »

headed out to manton day earlier this week for a look. didnt arrive at the dam till the afternoon and after a lash on the wake board we managed to get in a few flicks before the sun went down. my mate rawson landed one fish trolling a drop off near the dam wall, it was 58cm. it was really dark a sorta disel tinge, but supprisinly not that fat, well not as fat as pictures you see of southern dam fish anyway. had a few other hits but that was it. not bad for a first try. im sure theres some biggens lurking in the depths.

1fish
Silver Member
Silver Member

Manton

Post by 1fish »

Hit Manton yesterday with me mum who's visiting from down south. Got to the dam at about 2.30 in the arvo and headed to me fav lil corner :grin: . Started a bit slow but from about 5 - 5.30 things started to heat up to the piont of getting a hit or hook up every cast. We only managed to boat 4 fish 79, 78, 65 and 62 but lost another dozen or so fish. We were using large suspending storm rubbers flicked along the margins. As for colour you'll have to work that out for yourselfs :naughty: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1fish
Silver Member
Silver Member

Manton

Post by 1fish »

Hit Manton again today with the lil misses. After a very slow :sleep: start only boating one fish in the first hour. Someone must have flicked a switch at 630 because Mr mungi went ape droppings. We managed to land 9 fish for the trip by far the best session I have had there, and you guessed it all on suspending Storm rubbers. Below is some pics of the best fish from today 84,81,74. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jordan doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Manton

Post by jordan doevy »

1fish wrote:. Got to the dam at about 2.30 in the arvo and headed to me fav lil corner :grin: .
good work mate - any chance of finding out were the corner is ??
schools what i do in between fishing ;)
1fish
Silver Member
Silver Member

Manton

Post by 1fish »

G'day Jordan, mate walk down the ramp look to your left and about 200m over on the opposite side is were they be :cheers: work your lures around the point and be as quiet as you can be, as they dont seam to respond when theres noise. :mrgreen:
jordan doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jordan doevy »

is it a rocky point ??
jordan doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jordan doevy »

what coloured lures were you using ??
1fish
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by 1fish »

Yah mate all rocks and boulders :mrgreen:
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

Cant beat the pink rubbers in the fresh :wink: Good work and good report. :applause:
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
1fish
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by 1fish »

Close but no cigar Andy :grin: . I'm gonna wait till I crack a Manton Metre then I'll spill the beans on the colour. That is unless someone else works it out.
jordan doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jordan doevy »

purple or blue or red ??
1fish
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by 1fish »

:lipsrsealed: :grin:
1fish
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by 1fish »

70-75 cm Manton fish with a 7inch suspending storm.