Manton

headed out to manton day earlier this week for a look. didnt arrive at the dam till the afternoon and after a lash on the wake board we managed to get in a few flicks before the sun went down. my mate rawson landed one fish trolling a drop off near the dam wall, it was 58cm. it was really dark a sorta disel tinge, but supprisinly not that fat, well not as fat as pictures you see of southern dam fish anyway. had a few other hits but that was it. not bad for a first try. im sure theres some biggens lurking in the depths.

1fish

Manton

Post by 1fish »

Hit Manton yesterday with me mum who's visiting from down south. Got to the dam at about 2.30 in the arvo and headed to me fav lil corner :grin: . Started a bit slow but from about 5 - 5.30 things started to heat up to the piont of getting a hit or hook up every cast. We only managed to boat 4 fish 79, 78, 65 and 62 but lost another dozen or so fish. We were using large suspending storm rubbers flicked along the margins. As for colour you'll have to work that out for yourselfs :naughty: .
1fish

Manton

Post by 1fish »

Hit Manton again today with the lil misses. After a very slow :sleep: start only boating one fish in the first hour. Someone must have flicked a switch at 630 because Mr mungi went ape droppings. We managed to land 9 fish for the trip by far the best session I have had there, and you guessed it all on suspending Storm rubbers. Below is some pics of the best fish from today 84,81,74. :mrgreen:
jordan doevy

Re: Manton

Post by jordan doevy »

1fish wrote:. Got to the dam at about 2.30 in the arvo and headed to me fav lil corner :grin: .
good work mate - any chance of finding out were the corner is ??
schools what i do in between fishing ;)
1fish

Manton

Post by 1fish »

G'day Jordan, mate walk down the ramp look to your left and about 200m over on the opposite side is were they be :cheers: work your lures around the point and be as quiet as you can be, as they dont seam to respond when theres noise. :mrgreen:
jordan doevy

Post by jordan doevy »

is it a rocky point ??
jordan doevy

Post by jordan doevy »

what coloured lures were you using ??
1fish

Post by 1fish »

Yah mate all rocks and boulders :mrgreen:
Andy Grey

Post by Andy Grey »

Cant beat the pink rubbers in the fresh :wink: Good work and good report. :applause:
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
1fish

Post by 1fish »

Close but no cigar Andy :grin: . I'm gonna wait till I crack a Manton Metre then I'll spill the beans on the colour. That is unless someone else works it out.
jordan doevy

Post by jordan doevy »

purple or blue or red ??
1fish

Post by 1fish »

:lipsrsealed: :grin:
1fish

Post by 1fish »

70-75 cm Manton fish with a 7inch suspending storm.