Shady Camp Barrage

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Mitcho
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Shady Camp Barrage

Post by Mitcho »

If everybody keeps complaining surly the police/Rangers wil hafto put it in there job buckets ?? Only need to catch a few to send a message

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Maybe now the gill nets are gone it is time to change the rules as the Shady fishery is theoretically stronger.

The no-treble rule was originally to stop damage to small barra, but surely such a rule should apply everywhere or nowhere?

And I think there should be a rule that livebaiting is only allowed in certain places.
c9h14n
Seadog
Seadog

Post by c9h14n »

Matt,

I think the Shady barrage rules are the least of our worries when we now have ridiculous bag limits on Goldies and Jewies based on data that was collected within 100nm of Darwin.

All seasoned fishos know that within the limits of the WA and QLD border, both species are abundant. The only industry that can hurt the Barra population is the commercial guys, which are regulated..hard.

There is nothing the amateurs can do to affect the Barra, Goldie or Jewie populations! So why do we still worry about trebles, etc, at Shady Camp?
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

The ONLY wat to get the coppers there is to tell them. I know that they read these pages but if you make a formal complaint, they will act on it at some stage. If heaps of people make similar complaints, they will develop a strategy to hit it on a regular basis.
Having said that, I agree that there are heaps of barra out that way and maybe the regs need changing.
I cant see the cops spending a night at shady when there are ever increasing breakins and car thefts in town.
They go where the noisy wheel sends them
Bacon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bacon »

Hi All

Thanks for your comments. I found out that the idiot was charged for firearm offences and live baiting by the water police.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

I agree I think the rules should be changed to allow trebles, its silly that you can put your boat in and fish just a little down stream with trebles and it's fine.
joesgotone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by joesgotone »

I often fish land based and carry a 6ft gaff. People ask if its for fish. I say no it's for protection. From crocs they ask? No from the idiots that come to these types of places,especially the drunks

Joe
how many is enough lures, rods and reels. Is there a magic number, considering you usually only catch 1 fish on a single lure on the one rod and reel your casting with.
Jack attack
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jack attack »

Good idea joe