Middle arm low tide fish

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Middle arm low tide fish

Post by b-radical »

Hey fishos middle arm, This weeks low tide too low to fish through to the low, launch at channel island head towards the two islands near middlearm boatramp, any advice be great but I'm starting to think it'll be too low

:cheers:
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Middle arm low tide fish

Post by dannett »

There will still be water but take care in the creeks and near rockbars. Pretty much all of the ramps are unusable below 2.5m. Afternoon retrieves could be tricky there especially Wednesday and Thursday with the strong westerly breeze. East arm or middle arm ramps (not too low in the tide for middle arm) are better options.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Tide is never too low if you gotta go, as long as you allow for the ramps and take care with navigating.
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

I took your advice dannet and went from middle arm boat ramp yesterday, copped a bit rain once the boat was in. No fish for the day a few strikes to keep us interested in and around little island and big island creek. The bait n barra were around still persisting with lures instead of the anchor and live bait jazz find it better to keep moving for a bit of breeze. Overall there's still a lot of water around at that low tide of 1.2 and worth doing again
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

The gutters drain better on the lower tides, which doesn't always mean more fish, but if the tide is too high to drain the gutters the barra fishing is usually much harder as they'll be up the back in the trees.

Once you have been out there a few times you'll know which gutters are best on various tides.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

As Matt said there is always enough water for barra and 1.2m is low but with a bit to go still. On the inside of that island between it and the creek is a lot of good ground. Probably a worthwhile spot for the kids with small hooks and baits, though I suspect the occasional larger goldy could be found there too.
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

Thanks for the great advice fellas, soon enough my efforts wills pay off. I did notice some gravel bottom come out at low between the big island and creek also some rocks out from the point of the creek mouth if that' makes sense anyways something to look for