Outboard stolen

Tell us about boat ramp vandals, crab pot share farmers, and others who snatched your tackle.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Outboard stolen

Post by Matt Flynn »

http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... ef6d445268

The small detail of what model outboard would have been useful ...

jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Outboard stolen

Post by jabsy »

I know I'm going to sound like an arse here, but hopefully when he reports his motor stolen to the police they might remind him that the Dinah Beach finger isn't for tying up tenders and leaving them unattended. Hopefully some of the other owners of moored boats in the basin get the hint, and head over to the yacht club which can accommodate them. More securely too I would believe.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

yep, you're right about sounding like an arse :)
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

Dont leave your poop like that unattended.
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

That sucks. On another note, don't tie your POS dinghys to the pontoon at the ramp. It is not a mooring facility, of which there are several.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I get the tying up at the pontoon but thats another issue - thieving stuff doesn't make it right. leave stuff that isnt yours alone FFS
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Look, I feel sorry for anybody getting stuff stolen. If he had done the right thing, and tied up where he was supposed to, it'd have less chance of being stolen. Its literally like leaving the boat and trailer at the howard springs lights. It should be safe, but unfortunately it isn't.
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

nomad wrote:yep, you're right about sounding like an arse :)
yep sounding like a ass
you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

barra mick wrote:
nomad wrote:yep, you're right about sounding like an arse :)
yep sounding like a ass
No matter how it sounds, would you leave your boat tied up at the finger there while you were off attending to other issues? Its almost like leaving your car unlocked in one of the shopping centre carparks. You should be able to do it, but good luck with that. Yet these guys leave there tenders there all day and night. Its surprising it hasn't happened more often.

I am not condoning the act, and sympathise with the owner. You should be able to leave stuff out and expect it to be OK. Those days are long gone, as we all know.

99% of fishermen are most likely honest. Unfortunately lots of thieving maggot criminals also like fishing. (or just checking other peoples pots.)

Perhaps the government needs to pass legislation to enable action against people who inconsiderately leave their boats tied up there. The existing signage is just ignored, making it hard to launch and retrieve there regularly. As I said above there are other options available for these tenders, where they will be much more secure, but those people choose not to take up that option and would rather inconvenience the people who the facility was designed for.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

jabsy wrote:Perhaps the government needs to pass legislation to enable action against people who inconsiderately leave their boats tied up there. .
That would be a waste of tax payer dollars which would achieve nothing and could be better spent altering the current arrangement with a section extending perpendicular towards the north to allow for mooring of tenders / boats longer than 10 minutes. The exposed faces could be used for dropping off and retrieving and then everyone would have access.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Im pretty sure that it already exists. But it just needs the authorities responsible to grow a pair and enforce it