buffalo creek changes

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
joesgotone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

buffalo creek changes

Post by joesgotone »

Does anyone know what the expected outcome at Buffalo Creek is. I was told parking for 18 cars and trailers plus additional car only spaces. This doesn't seem to be enough based on what happens there on long weekends. I also have discovered that it is end to end parking on the road side rather than back into the shrubbery side by side. yes there will be a round about to turn around but this is of great concern to me. I fish on my own so now have to walk even further while my boat is tied up to get to my car 200-300 metres away. By the time I return the boat has risen and drifted on the rope.

I thought they were trimming the veg to give better access and bitumen the mud pit but this has all gone out the window. They even discovered the place floods on huge tides. After the engineers had designed it of course. Hence all the elevated road works.

It might be a race in the mornings to get the best park or use the compound as it will be closer than most of the trailer parks.

I found the plan as a worded document but no engineering designs to specify final outcomes. Another disaster in development I believe. Just like the wanguri terrace right turn onto Leep Pt Rd. If you have a trailer you can't park in the middle of the road to wait for a gap in the traffic.

Hoping the pollies deliver a copy of the designs soon, as requested today when they knocked on the door. :|

how many is enough lures, rods and reels. Is there a magic number, considering you usually only catch 1 fish on a single lure on the one rod and reel your casting with.
Big Col
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: buffalo creek changes

Post by Big Col »

From what I understand the compound is going in 6 months or so!
Again as far as I'm aware no consultation, I prefer having the ability to secure my car and trailer.
Before the compound was there my car was damaged a number of times and it was a busted arse old Datsun, I would hate to leave my Cruiser outside the compound now.
I know everyone will say we shouldn't need it, this is true but $10 for piece of mind is something I'm willing to pay! Sure beats $500 excess from TIO that's even if they cover you.