FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 6 - Mackerel Maulers + Barra

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Kicks off on Friday July 1, post your Round 6 entries on this thread :mrgreen:

Comp registrations remain open until the comp ends in December. You need a fish in at least three rounds for a chance to win a Tier 2 prize, and a fish in at least six rounds for a chance to win in Tier 1.

You can enter at any time for a shot at a monthly prize, just post a piccy of your boat or car with its FFF sticker attached on the registrations thread.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 6 - Mackerel Maulers + Barra

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 6 - Mackerel Maulers + Barra - Day 6

Reminder, there are bonus points for early fish :mrgreen:
Marro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Marro »

When I registered for this I made two undertakings to myself. One, I would try to enter a Barra every month, and two, I would not enter an undersized fish. Well last month I couldn't crack a legal Barra so I entered a queenie. And so far this month all I've caught are more undersize Barra so I'm going to register one of these, take advantage of the bonus points, and hope something better comes along in the coming weeks. So here is my undersize Darwin harbour Barra (51).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

63 the biggest from the roboree today. Found a few on the sounder and bounced wedgies along the bottom early as the sun rose. Had a few follows all the way to the boat which was frustrating but speccy nonetheless.
Toga up top amongst the lilies until the wind came up. Home by lunch, water temp 27 degrees at 8am. The carpark was full by midday. (Doesn't anyone work anymore?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mad KEEN!
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

97cm caught by my deckie trolling a qantas 5m out past North Gutter this morning. Got a couple that may have been bigger but released them in the water to give them a chance.
Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Swoffa »

58cm from Bynoe.
Best of five barra boated for the day. All sight cast in less than a foot of water using 3/0 pink things.
DSCF1592.jpg
DSCF1593.jpg
What angler can cross over a bridge without peering over its side
Daz12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Daz12 »

Two day trip exploring a couple of Kakadu Billabongs. Had a ball catching plenty of Barra ranging from rats up to this 70cm.
joesgotone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by joesgotone »

Still a bit warm in shoal bay with 26 - 29 degrees. A bit hard to get a pic of me holding the fish when fishing alone and releasing a thin looking 56cm. The location shot might give away the creek but only 2 fish for the day with a 55 also released. Lots of prwns about and some nice salmon but couldn't land any. Dont know why the pics look upside down.
how many is enough lures, rods and reels. Is there a magic number, considering you usually only catch 1 fish on a single lure on the one rod and reel your casting with.
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Early morning (Home Billabong) land based session produced 2 nice barra in 2 casts; both around 60. Attached was circa 61 but to avoid dispute I'll call him 60. Both caught on Squidgy Fish Evil Minnow.
Caught half a dozen rats yesterday arvo and have been surprised at the activity given the temp.
Off to Groote on Monday, searching for an upgrade....
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Went for a drive yesterday to a regular land based haunt for this time of year
fishing was a bit slow, saw some ripper Saratoga swimming around, but couldn't entice them to eat our lures
managed a nice fat 61cm Barra as well as a couple of other smaller ones and some Tarpon
water was nice and clear, bit chilly in the morning.
IMG_6938.JPG
IMG_6943.JPG
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Got this Barra land based on a solo mission at my local lake late on saturday night after a few whiskeys.
Caught him on a frog.Apologies Matt but couldnt sort a selfie fishing by myself with only my headlamp for light.
It has taken me 15 months to score a nice bong barra and my new PB and am still smiling.
Swam the fish for a little while and it released well.
:drinking1:
Edo
trent
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by trent »

Solo run out to Lee Point this morning while the winds backed off a bit, 144cm Spanyid caught on the Halco laser pro in red/white, need to get a bigger mat, marked the rod and measured it when i got back, lucky to land it as it destroyed the front treble and only had 1 hook on the rear treble in under the jaw. #deepriverlures
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

Awesome fish trent.i've been busy at work,but got some good wolf herring in the freezer ready for this weekend.Will be hard to beat 144cm.

Congrats to all the guys that got a fish last month and this month so far :cheers:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Nice one Trent, that is a cracker. All eyes on Proserpine now :D
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

What a monster!!