NT election results

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

NT election results

Post by Matt Flynn »

http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... 4c49d8b2cf

There were two fishing parties on the ticket down here, you'd think there would have been the same in the north.

dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: NT election results

Post by dannett »

Natasha Griggs is down almost 4000 votes and is holding out that the remaining 5500 postal and pre-votes could get her over the line. Maybe she got a bit too social with the Marijuana Party during preferencing? Somebody tell her she's dreamin!
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

I though dick and balls was going to Sh!t it in. That's what most people I know were putting on their ballot paper..........
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

I didn't vote it the NT this time obviously but to be honest the way people at voting at the moment I think I have voted in my last election. I can live with whoever wins but I am sick to death of nobody winning. For me to vote again there will need to be another election within two months to get a outcome or a electoral commission and process reform party. Example the preference system has to go. Independents pffft.
Irrespective of which party you vote for (and one of the majors will form government) is it worth voting for them in the house of reps and doing the opposite or tying their hands behind their backs in the senate. Then do this :banghead: all the way to the next election and say those liars didn't do one thing they promiced they would. Notwithstanding this why is it the new senate seems to take half a federal term to take up arms anyway. Can't get my head around why they all don't clean their desks out the same day.
Sure politics is changing.....the way we vote is changing.....but the system needs a dust up to cope or crippled goverments will endure for our lifetime and with a country in financial ruin.
Oh and for Christ sake let's vote at the TAB so we can find out who one at 5 past six saterday afternoon.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

AM, your last line is the clue .... the system we have is from what evolved centuries ago and hasn't changed much since.

We now live in the internet age where we should be able to vote issues without going to a polling booth.

We don't need all the levels of government.

Time for major reform of the whole system.

It is a terrible time for politics either way, most MPs seem far more concerned with career advancement than national issues.

While they dither the world is changing ... with one big nation turning islands into fortresses and building aircraft carriers, another testing its border expansion possibilities, and the EU looking wobbly, ISIS etc ... all this at a time when the global economy could easily go belly up.

At least they toughened up our banking system, that one thing might help down the track ...
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Did I miss something ,,What Election ???? :fu:
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

So we have to wait 14 days for all of the postal votes??? What an antiquated system.
Im with you AM, im seriously considering not voting anymore.

Melv wrote:I though dick and balls was going to Sh!t it in. That's what most people I know were putting on their ballot paper..........

Ive tried to find out from the AEC the following.
If I comply with the requirements and complete the ballot paper correctly and THEN add a few little extras (like cock and balls etc), is my vote still counted?? I cant find anywhere that says any extras exclude the vote.
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

A couple of issues here for me.

Firstly, I don't understand all the concern over 'minority government' or hung parliament - will make absolutely no difference to our daily lives, other than 'excite' the media for the next 3 years digging & probing for some cr.p to spin. The suggestion that the country will come to a standstill is laughable - there is a cigarette paper between the 'values' of the 2 majors these days, and in any case, anyone that believes our Govt rather than big business, media and the 'financial system' (spelt BANKS, INSURANCE COMPANIES, ETC) run the country, need to seriously reevaluate. There was not one 'major' policy from either Party that make a toss of difference in long rung - they all seem to be tinkering around the edges to me.

Secondly, the pi$$ing & moaning by the Libs around the 'Mediscare' is also laughable - sure it was all a crock, but they got VERY SHORT MEMORIES. Little Johnny made an artform of perpetuating 'non-truths' during elections in his time (Children Overboard :rofl: comes to mind amongst others, and then the Rabbot with a plethora of them from opposition ....)
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

nomad wrote:Ive tried to find out from the AEC the following.
If I comply with the requirements and complete the ballot paper correctly and THEN add a few little extras (like cock and balls etc), is my vote still counted?? I cant find anywhere that says any extras exclude the vote.

As long as there is nothing there that could be seen as identifying your self, or makes your numbers incorrect, ( as in you draw in a box and mark it as one and the rest of your actual vote as 234 etc, that would make it invalide.)
But if at the bottom you wrote cock and balls and drew a little box in and put an X in it, and didn't make any other numerical mistakes in the actual boxes, then it would be valid.

They don't make this clear, as it is subjective. If you put vote one Gary the goat, or cleaver green the counter could not include it because you could be identifying your self Gary the goat, or cleaver green.
To be sure it's best not to do it, isn't that why face book was invented, so come election time everyone can spew their political views at you 24 7.

If people are disalusioned with the system and want to do an invalid / donkey vote. The best thing you can do is go, Mark your name off and walk out. They way no party's get your aprox $2.62 per vote if they get more than 4 % of the vote. It is counted how many people do this, and monitored and reported. Donkey voting is the worst thing to do. As who ever is lucky enough to get the number one position gets about a 4 % boost. In NSW the anti vaccinations party drew number one, lady people in the world you would want having any sort of power in the country.

A lot of people don't realise that even the losers gets massive amounts of tax payers money as long as they poll over 4%. They do not need to show any receipts for it either. I seen an add on Facebook with a pitcure of Pauline Hanson getting in her own light aircraft, under it written, cost of transport to the public $0. It spdoes not cost them anything anyway until the votes are counted and the money is distributed. She has been living off that purse for many years, running for state and federal almost every election, getting about 6 to 8 % of the vote, with very little cost as every one gives her free airtime.

Rob oakeshott would have made a killing this election, he waited till the latest moment possible to put his hat in the ring, 3 weeks out. Then did all the media rounds, got bugger all costs, and pocketed over $60k for his 3 weeks work.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

No intention to donkey vote. My current intention is to not even attend happy to pay 20 to not be implicated. When they ask for a reason I will give it and the money.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

mickkk wrote: The best thing you can do is go, Mark your name off and walk out. .

I did that at the last local council elections. got the papers and put them in the bin.
the aec people looked at me as if i had 2 heads. "no, you have to put them in the ballot box.
they were there with all the other rubbish
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

None of it matters if there is a Big La Nina Wet :D
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

slug wrote:Firstly, I don't understand all the concern over 'minority government' or hung parliament - will make absolutely no difference to our daily lives, other than 'excite' the media for the next 3 years digging & probing for some cr.p to spin.

Yep, don't think it matters who's running the show these days. As long as there's a coldie every time I open the fridge life's pretty good. I think the dilemma for most is not being able to vote for a politician you like or respect but instead having to vote for the one you dislike the least..

Matt Flynn wrote:None of it matters if there is a Big La Nina Wet :D

Now that will make a real difference to our quality of life........ That and pinning the $1M Barra. After that they can all GGF :fu:

:cheers:

Melv