FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 5 - Tuna and Queenfish + Barra

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Kicks off on Wednesday June 1, post your Round 5 entries on this thread :mrgreen:

Comp registrations remain open until the comp ends in December. You need a fish in at least three rounds for a chance to win a Tier 2 prize, and a fish in at least six rounds for a chance to win in Tier 1.

You can enter at any time for a shot at a monthly prize, just post a piccy of your boat or car with its FFF sticker attached on the registrations thread.

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 5 - Tuna and Queenfish + Barra

Post by theodosius »

Haha,should have checked. I thought this was mackerel round, threw all the queenies back without measuring!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

nice mack , ooops , I did the same last year :banghead:

And a first for me today 2 Barra ,, :banghead: forgot the camera .!!!
Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Swoffa »

I am setting the bar to new heights to make everyone else feel better :D
The only reason for posting this fish is to show the newspaper headlines where Queensland beat the Blues again.
My mate caught this 51cm barra from Bynoe sight cast in the shallows. Wasn't the biggest fish that we caught but I couldn't be stuffed taking other photos of fish that wouldn't win the round.
51cm Bynoe.jpg
51cm Bynoe Barra.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What angler can cross over a bridge without peering over its side
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Bwahaha, who woulda thunk skinnies are hard to catch!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

20160424_091952.jpg
Should of been here 3 weeks ago
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Matt Flynn wrote:Bwahaha, who woulda thunk skinnies are hard to catch!

Funny as it sounds, I can't remember ever targeting Skinnys. I've loved their fight when I've hooked them, but only really caught them as bycatch. Wouldn't know where to start, really, except for points/eddies on spring tides. Might have to have a crack next R@R. Neaps though. Vernons?
Marro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Marro »

After a disappointing day on Bynoe on the weekend we decided to hit West arm yesterday hoping for a Barra or two. We were greeted by 28.5 degree water. Fishing was slow going with only two landed (48, 43). I managed to lose a nice jack at the boat through stupidity but I won't expand on this. Anyway we decided to head home but first would have a flick in one last creek mouth. My decky (daughter) hooked up on her first cast, a queenie. It shot straight under the boat and with the electric down up the front and the outboard already down at the back I didn't think this was going to have a happy ending. However she skilfully fought the fish with most of her rod under the water from one side of the boat whilst the fish put on a jumping display on the other. How the line didn't break I don't know but it was a bl..dy good effort. It's fork length was just on 69.
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Had a couple of very enjoyable trips to Corroboree over the past week. Just a privilege to fish. Last week it was difficult to get past the tarpon, I stopped counting at 25 but managed to land 2 Barra; 68 and 65 (didn't have a paper..) and 4 toga.
On Tuesday the the tarpon had switched from 'whitebait' sized prey to 1 inch fry so they weren't so much of a problem. I landed 2 Barra again; both super fat and fiesty, longest 64 attached. Also landed 6 toga, best just over 60.
Trialled plenty of plastics, most fish caught on Squidgy Fish rigged Weedless, in Black and Gold, Evil Minnow and Drop Bear, so no real preference for colour but massive preference for pin point casting.
There are some big Barra in there.......at least 2 I know of....get there early.
:mrgreen:
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

Suppose I should post this up. 76cm tuna caught around Bass Reef. Not the big queenie I was hoping for but a reasonable sized tuna non-the-less.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 5 - Tuna and Queenfish + Barra - Day 13 :mrgreen:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 5 - Tuna and Queenfish + Barra - Day 24 :mrgreen:

Very quiet for one of the easiest rounds!
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

In keeping with my intentions to place in this online competition by submitting only Barra every round, I was stoked to land this feisty 64 on a solo run from Corroboree Wednesday.
Landed a few others and couldn't stay connected to a few larger models but that's fishing (especially with weedless rubbers).
With the recent drop in water temps I strongly suggest finding yourself some weedbeds and working them.
Good luck everyone else.

Richie
Mad KEEN!
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

Wow Jer, backdrop looks more late November than late June. WTF is going on with this weather??

:cheers:
Melv
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

Melv wrote:Wow Jer, backdrop looks more late November than late June. WTF is going on with this weather??

:cheers:
Melv
I did get rained on, for close to half an hour. Didn't stop the fish though.