Shady Camp Barrage Question

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
DrRuff
Silver Member
Silver Member

Shady Camp Barrage Question

Post by DrRuff »

Hi guys,
quick question about the barrage. Regulations state "When fishing from or within a 100m radius of the barrage wall at Shady Camp billabong you may only use a lure or fly with a single point hook. Bait fishing and the use of double or treble hooks in this area is prohibited".

For hard bodied lures does this mean I can have a single hook at every point or just the one single at the back? Not complaining either way, just want to make sure I don't get a fine based on the ambiguity of this statement!

Cheers,
Ruffy

Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Shady Camp Barrage Question

Post by Blinky »

One single point hook only.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
DrRuff
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by DrRuff »

Thanks Blinky. Does anyone on here use hard bodies this way or are plastics a much better option given they're designed with one hook in mind? A couple of mates and I have this coming week off (first one since Jan and last one until November) so we are going to head down one day and have a crack. It'll probably end up being more about having a few beers while the kids are in daycare but I want to give us the best shot at a fish we've got!

Cheers,
Ruffy
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

I've used Spearheads with a big single on the rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Mate you can use a gold bomber, barra classic, any lure as long as it only has 1 hook. The purpose being to protect the fish from hook damage when landing them. A single hook is easier to remove with minimal damage to the fishes mouth. Plus u get a better hookup rate on a single hook. Remember to add 4-5 hour to the darwin tides to get the barrage tides. Fish 2 hours either side of the high in my opinon. Good luck.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

I use a big bomber with a 8/0 beast hook attached to the middle tow point. This has hooked about 80 % of hits and adds a little bouyancy to the lure so it can be worked even shallower than before. It can be worked like a ''TOO DEADLY Just use 2 split rings to get the hook to sit straight on the lure rather than side ways.
DrRuff
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by DrRuff »

Thanks lads, good to get a few opinions on board! I'll let you know how we go, hopefully I'll be putting a post up in the metre club ha ha!!!