FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 4 - Jewfish Busters + Barra

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Kicks off on May 1, post your Round 4 entries on this thread :mrgreen:

Comp registrations remain open until the comp ends in December, but you need a fish in at least three rounds for a chance to win a Tier 2 prize, and a fish in at least six rounds for a chance to win in Tier 1. You can enter at any time for a shot at a monthly prize.

Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Re: FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 4 - Jewfish Busters + Barra

Post by Ivan »

Well after not getting out last round and scoring a donut I thought I'd get in early and take the family out chasing Jewies today. Not a very successful trip but thanks to my step daughter I have scraped on to the board with this 48cm Jewie. Caught at the mouth of the Adelaide on pillie & squid combo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Bwahahaha! At least it is bigger than my trout :)
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

A reminder that there are bonus points for fish posted early in each round :fishing:
Kaos364
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kaos364 »

58cm bazz from the Lizzie, pumpkin seed swimming mullet doing the job again. 3 fish in 6 casts, not a bad effort... 8) Probably my only shot at this round due to the new motor going on sometime in the next few weeks...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Went out in the harbour with a mate on saturday and got a few on soft plastics.
This was the biggest and thought it was going to go close to 70 the way it took line.
A really fat fish 8) .
Edo
Marro
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Marro »

Woke up to a beaut morning so decided to do a solo run to west arm. Saw a lot of fish but struggled to find a lure that would interest them. Went through a pile of hard bodies and plastics but the one that proved best was a well worn Little Lucifer. Ended up getting five with the best being a 66. The others went 54, 48 and two in the thirties. I took the mandatory photos at the time of capture but forgot to include the paper until I was on my way home so that's why the second photo of the fish on the brag mat albeit a few hours later.
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

The tough fishing continues at the Daly. Have fished the Crossing, Bamboo, Elizabeth and went down to greet the tidal bore at Hareys yesterday at 7:30am - great to see!
Played Barra lotto up the centre from Elizabeth to Charlie's; stopping for a few passes at the main rock bar. 1 fish at 51cm for our efforts.......!! There was at least 1 metery (103) caught there between about 8 boats. But very very slow fishing. There is a huge amount of debris in the river, never seen so much, interestingly there' was 3 dead crocs floating down with it.
Found a few more fish higher up but definitely nothing to write home about. This was my best landed; 59cm. Looking for an upgrade before heading back to Darwin on Sunday!
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

On R&R for a week. My only chance to chase a Jew or three for the month. Blowing 20+ for the next few days. :evil: :evil: :evil: .

Looks like I'll have to resort to plan B. :roll:
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

scottmac wrote:On R&R for a week. My only chance to chase a Jew or three for the month. Blowing 20+ for the next few days. :evil: :evil: :evil: .

Looks like I'll have to resort to plan B. :roll:

Plan B! 8)

Well the father in law did it again with a 110cm, but he was pipped at the post by the Mrs with a 113cm. Me? Well I'm just the guide these days. :roll: :bonk:

Somewhere near a big F.O. Rock...... :naughty: :catch:

PS: Not sure why the pics are sideways?
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 4 - Jewfish Busters + Barra - Day 16

Scottmac smashin' it so far!
trent
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by trent »

Fished SWA today, 114cm on the pillie/squid combo, plenty of bream and snapper around as well, got back to the ramp and two police boats were waiting and checked all my safety gear. Passed the rangers on GP road heading out that way towing that black punt.
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

97 Daly river fish a week or so back. Taken on a busted arse Big arse B52.
Had me dancing around solo on the rockbars.

Nice fish T-rent

Richie
Mad KEEN!
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Great fish Richie, easily the fatest 97 I've seen. I just happened to be heading for home and passed by as he hooked up, catching the 'shoulder hyper-extension' and the big girl clear the water by 4 feet! Not sure what was more impressive; solo deployment of the Minn Kota with a rampaging fish and run out tide or fitting that slob into a net I'm more accoustomed to sliding bream and flatties into. Thx for the show RB, pretty to watch!
:clap:

I'll PM you a couple of photos.
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Slight upgrade for me from the same day a RB.
Landed 16 fish, which was a real turnaround from the week, where I found it very slow. This was the best 72cm; extracted from a log jam after wrapping me around 2 stumps. Good fun on my bass gear!

Going to have one more crack at a big fish once the Classic concludes.......Barra lotto anyone... :banghead: