Auto Electrician Required

Tell us about boat ramp vandals, crab pot share farmers, and others who snatched your tackle.
Ako
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Auto Electrician Required

Post by Ako »

G'day All,

Was just getting the boat set and ready to go for tomorrow and when I kicked her over I keeping getting some alarm (constant beeping) going off. It is a 200HP Evinrude and the RPM guage which has the digital screen for alarms on the bottom of it does not seem to be working so I am guessing there is some sort of feedback problem (or lack of feed back) which is causing this constant beeping alarm when I have got the ignition on. Happy that it has all taken place at home before I got on the water but if anyone know's a 24Hr auto electrician that might keen to dive in let me know.

I am based in Larrakeyah.

Cheers,

Ako

AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Auto Electrician Required

Post by AJay »

probably better off taking it to a marine mechanic that has a diagnostic tool to plug into it mate, should give an answer straight away.
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

May be a low voltage alarm... What year is it?
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

Just going to throw it out there, have you got the emergency stop clip in place? I did that once at Buff creek trying to get it off the trailer. School boy error.
Ako
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ako »

Batteries are fully charged I think it is 2006 and I did check the safety clip so I guess I am up for a trip to Mr Evinrude.

Thanks anyway men.