Forum feedback time

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.

The FFF site is ...

Excellent
87%
Good
12%
Average
No votes
Below Average
No votes
Poor
2%

Total votes: 52

Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

YEP, Great stuff, outstanding info passing amongst members……not too much whingin’ and know-allin’……but ya get a bit of that wherever ya go.
I’m still interested to hear why the poor rating was polled.

Re the spell check; install the Google toolbar and you automatically get a spell checker.

Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Jimstuch
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jimstuch »

Matt - have to agree the site is fantastic :bow:

I really like Chronic's idea of a few more organised get-togethers and comps - even if I can't make most of them its great to catch up with all the members when I can, and obviously on the water with a couple of cold ones is even better :cheers: Also the idea of the 'who's online' moving to the top of the page is a good one...

I think when we put our heads together we don't do too badly, as those on the South trip and countless others since would testify! It certainly has made the Darwin fishing scene a lot more sociable and friendly, and that can only be a good thing! :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Stuch.
bandit

Post by bandit »

:coffee:
Last edited by bandit on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
landlocked
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by landlocked »

hey blinky you dont expect some one to own up do you ???
probably someone being a smart ass.
yeah its a top site its the only thing that keeps me sane being in the desert.
19 sleeps to go. yahoo
From the heart of the channel country.
To be old and wise, one has to have been young and stupid !!!
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Site feedback

Post by Faulksy »

Totaly agree with all of the above. Great bunch of people trying to help each other out. As for the poor rating well I guess they can just go elsewhere no one is forced to log on.

Cheers

Pete :cheers:
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

bl..dy excellent :mrgreen: I would like to know why anyone would give it any less :???:

BEAR
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

The Forum

Post by jasonmcc »

Im with Bear, the best fishing resource there is and an awesome bunch of blokes. Im keen on some sort of competition as well.

Thanks to all the contributors and Matt for the forum.

Cheers

Jason
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Yep,
from humble beginnings to an awesome site - love it -

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Shane
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Backlash
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Backlash »

Number 1...........There's no other forum that I've been connected with that is so free willing to offer info to the newbies and not so newbies.It's a credit too all members on here who are so forth comming to offer this info to all. So much better than the forums down south.........unless your in the purple circle they dont tell you jack sh*t. Keep up the good work Matt and I alway's look forward to reading all posts.

Cheers

Lash
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Love it...addicted to it... what else can I say :???:

More and more people are coming out of the wood work and starting to post which is great to see. People soon get sick of the same people posting (might be time I stopped for a bit :shock: )

Photo resizing sounds like a top idea... I like a lot of people have a hell of a time (after 3 bottles of red) resizing my pics :rofl: :rofl:

Matt you should be very proud of what you have started here with the FFF. As someone else stated it has made the fishing around Darwin much more social and friendly and that is such a huge achivement in fishing.
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Matthew Brown
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fish Finder Forum on TV

Post by Matthew Brown »

Down in the sandgroper zone a website started up exactly like this. Humble beginnings to start with but now it is quite large and comprehensive. It even has it's own fishing show. I'm talking about FishingWA.

I wouldnt be too surprised if this website ventured out and started it's own tv show for small clips here and there during breaks in footy or cricket.

a fishing writer has a small show going at half time during the rugby. Dont watch rugby so i havent seen it yet.

FishingWA is now on Austar which is great as I get to watch at least two episodes a weekend and reminisce.

I'm on the site everyday, very rarely post due to not having boat or 4x4 therefore not able to fish much. Definately some character amongst the ranks here though!!
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

fwa

Post by dodgyone »

Not real fond of those Fishing WA guys. Not going to bag them out here so as not to envoke the wrath of the mod team. Never went back to the site after the worm saga a year or so ago.
Use Wangler site a bit though. Nowhere near as open and friendly as here though. :cheers:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
George
Seadog
Seadog

Post by George »

Although site is excellent, and I'm addicted. I do think there are too many forum topic's.
Can get almity confusing, and I find that I'm missing alot of interesting topic's that interest me because they are in their own specific forum, an I either don't know their there or I don't visit that forum ofter :bonk: Think I just confused things
Anyho just my two cents

Cheers
Custom Plate Boats
Boat modifications
Trailer and repairs

http://www.fishingterritory.com
landlocked
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by landlocked »

its easy george, just hit the posts since last visit button and away you go.
cheers
From the heart of the channel country.
To be old and wise, one has to have been young and stupid !!!
dan willard
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by dan willard »

gday george, landlocks right, cos i live on the other side of the world till june 14th i cant be on line when anyone else is so allways go to the view last post icon at the top. then your sure to keep in touch with the gossip. :surf: