FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 2 - The Run-off

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 2 - The Run-off

Post by Lats »

Windy wrote:No paper included in the shot (how am I supposed to fetch one when housed at the mouth of the Daly for 5 days!)
Monday 21st March, 0830am, Daly River feeder creek below Woolianna...my life changed!
First ever metery and came in at a cool 112cm - in my excitement, didn't even think to get a ruler shot...hopefull you'll concur it's a definite metery!
Just had to at least get my hat in the ring for once...
Also a guided fish. But I wouldnt care about that. I would give my back teeth for a fish like that 8) 8) 8)

Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

I think this is a 1cm upgrade but I'll take anything due my lack of time on the water.
73cm and one 25 fish taken on the Daly the other night. Vibes doing most the damage with some bigger models lost at night.
River is dropping fast and even saw the mullet schools now starting to push up with these bigger tides.
It will fish well this dry.
Enjoy the Easter and if you're down that way, lock your cars, remove your fishing gear and leave nothing to chance. The river will be busy judging by the traffic I saw as I left.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mad KEEN!
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

PS: big shout out to the gents who helped me out in my time of distress. Cruised on up, jumped in and set about ripping out a set of trebles that were embedded barb deep into my finger. A quick rip all the way through and out the other end, snip with the wire cutters and threaded straight back out the way she went in.
if you're reading this you're a bunch of good c%nts 8)

Richie
Mad KEEN!
Kaos364
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kaos364 »

Did the miles but no smiles to be had... 59cm of Roper River barra, caught at Blackfella Creek on a Samaki Vibelicious. One of about a dozen caught in the 8 hours we were there with about 10 boats, nothing over 65cm landed... :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimmyTaylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JimmyTaylor »

Got a new PB yesterday at Little Finniss, trolling the mouth on the outgoing. 84cm pure goodness :fishing:
Fish went off the bite after we got hammered by the late arvo storm, and a 4m croc hanging about.
:croc: Made for a rough trip home :titanic:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Some great fish in this round, yooz lucky bastards :mrgreen:

FFF Seadogs 2016 - Round 2 - The Run-off - Day 30 ... one day left :catch:
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

Well, I am very proud of this fish, It was my sons first meter Barra at 103. 8) I took him to the Daily to try and catch a big girl and the plan came together well. His pervious PB was 84cm. The barra was caught casting hard body lure and Laurence fought it like a champ, having to put some pressure on it 1/2 way through the fight when it nearly did him in the snags. I was more nervous holding the net than him.

Jon
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

Alright, as difficult as it has been, I've kept this quiet since Monday just to see if there were any other entries from the weekend. I went to the Daly Sunday night/Monday with my brother and managed myself a new PB at the same time as joining the Metery Club.

113cm of thick chrome barra. Huge head and shoulders on her. Full story in Chris Errity's NT News column.
trent
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by trent »

Headed to the Daly Monday afternoon hoping to miss the crowds and with only 7 cars in the car park was looking pretty good, its amazing how much water can drop in a week, fishing was slower, picking up fish on the tide changes, but hooked this 114cm Wednesday morning on a silver/green barra bait soft plastic and 5/0 owner weedless hook, The fish smashed the lure creating a massive boil and headed straight for the timber, was starting to think i'd blown another metery, Bo pulled the anchor, dropped the electric (while copping plenty of directions) and pulled up on the sticks, could feel the fish was still there and with some moving around and different angles she came flying out and showed herself, now free of the snags headed straight out towards another anchored boat, somehow managed to avoid the rope and motor(thanks for lifting your engine up) and powered downstream with the current, finally moved out towards the middle of the river where after a couple more jumps and head shakes the fish was in the net, one of the better battles i've had with a barra, on release the fish swam into the shallows and wasn't looking too good so towed her out to the middle where after a while she bit down and started head shaking again and swam off strongly into the depths.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Horse stampede!

Congrats fellas, beautiful fish :mrgreen: :catch: :cheers:
Daz12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Daz12 »

Little bit embarrassing putting this one up after the thumpers above but gotta keep the points ticking over...Hit the Adelaide this morning for a last ditch effort to put up an eligible fish for March after a little "faux pas" on my part with the rules and posting an illegible fish earlier :| Little 51cm fella caught on a soft vibe.
Oh and nice fish Trent :clap:
Big Col
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Big Col »

82 cm down the daly on Sunday morning, looks like I'm the only one who missed out on a big girl down there! Lost a couple of big ones :banghead: The fish are as fat as I have ever seen them and hitting like freight trains! Great weekend with close to 100 fish boated over 3 nights and 2 days most in the 60-70 cm range! Sorry bout the photo don't think I had more than a couple of hours sleep for the trip! :sleep:
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Sorry Daz12 you've been trumped; quite possibly the smallest fish registered in the history of Seadogs......40cm! Is it even eligible??
Plucked the little fella from the Katherine River this morning between Knotts Crossing and Donkey Camp.

Well done others for some ripper fish!

Heading to the Daly on Saturday for a couple of weeks hopefully I can present something more substantial for April.
:mrgreen:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Swoffa has supplied the spreadsheet for Round 2 ... many thanks Warren :mrgreen:

Please PM any appeals, ommissions or errors to me asap.

Congrats again to those who got fish, fair to say there were barra of all shapes and sizes in Round 2 :D

For those just watching, there is still plenty of time to enter :mrgreen:
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Nothing attached Matt, or have I had a blokes look?