Is this warranty?

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Is this warranty?

Post by balou »

Just wanted your guys thoughts on this....

I bought a daiwa blast jig rod from mo tackle last week. Not really expensive around $240 .
Yesterday on the first trip out I had the rod in the holder when it loaded up slightly and snapped 6 inches from the butt. I have broken a few rods in my time but never in the butt area it's always about half way up.

Is this warranty job? I'm assuming $50 to send back the rod so I don't want to be told it not a warranty job and wasting more money.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DanOz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Is this warranty?

Post by DanOz »

Send them an email with the pic and details and I'm sure they will sort you out with a replacement at no cost, always been pretty helpful when I have dealt with them on the odd occasion, and yeah I'm sure they might be a bit more sceptical if broken at the tip or half way but that looks like a legit fault to me.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Yep, let them know. MO Tackle are really good with this kind of stuff. I broke a t-curve and had it replaced by them
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

From the MO Tackle site

Notice to All Mail Order Customers Regarding Warranty Returns
Here at MOTackle, we do everything we can to help our customers with genuine warranty processes. However, for the best chance at getting your warranty approved by the supplier, we need to have the product returned to us in the exact condition as when the fault/damage occurred. Make sure that when you send items back to us for a warranty assessment by the supplier, it is packaged and sent as carefully as you would if it was a brand new product. For items like rods, make sure they are packed with protection inside a solid tube. Heavy cardboard tubes are usually ok but we choose to send all our rods in heavy PVC storm pipe tube which provides the best protection. Avoid using light cardboard tubes like you find in the post shops as they rarely stand up to the punishment of being freighted and under no circumstances, ever send back an item with no packaging at all.

When sending back items remember to make sure the item/s are clean (if they have been used) and send them back protected, in a box so they do not get further damage during transit.
Freight costs both to and from MOTackle for warranty pruposes is the customers responsibility. Please contact us if you require assistance with freighting your warranty items back to us.

Please also be aware that manufacture warranties vary from company to company, some items are covered under extended warranty periods up to 10 years but most are covered for a standard period of 1 year. Almost all items have different situations in which they will and won’t be covered under warranty and many things are not covered but instead fall under a ‘wear & tear’ clause or something similar. Try and make yourself familiar with these situations if possible so as not to be disappointed to find that something is not covered at a later date.

If you would like any further information, refer to the warranty cards/info included with most items you purchase or give us a call on (02) 6652 4611.
MOTackle does not accept unauthorized returns. If you wish to return an item you must contact us first.
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

buy local or take a risk.
tight lines
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

I had a busted gear in a ci4 4000 and took it back to Fishing and Out door world in the city and they got is sorted quick as .... those guys always make sure they do all they can to look after the customer.

About 4 years ago had the same problem with a Saragossa and they also sorted it out at no cost to me ... even though I had lost my receipt and the real was well used.

jon
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Rang mo today and the bloke said it was rare to have a failure in that spot. Due to the distance or freight cost they said they will access the claim by photos in an email.

Usually buy local but this rod is not available locally.
Big Col
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Big Col »

I've heard the split butt jig sticks sometimes break at the butt due to the rod holders, when they load up the rod holder damages (rubs against) the graphite blank and then there is a weak spot so next time it loads up it cracks. Often company's will say its a jig stick not meant to be left in a rod holder! good luck with it