a monster from dundee

tangels
Seadog
Seadog

a monster from dundee

Post by tangels »

o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishhunter81
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: a monster from dundee

Post by fishhunter81 »

Horse Macky! What did you jag that beast on?
tangels
Seadog
Seadog

Post by tangels »

Halco laser pro in the purple bonito. Just past sail city. Cant beat big laser pros for the mackies..
Kaos364
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kaos364 »

tangels wrote:Halco laser pro in the purple bonito. Just past sail city. Cant beat big laser pros for the mackies..
Yeah you can, Rapala CD-26 Magnum if you can find them these days :D

Nice fish mate! 8)

Cheers,

Mick
tangels
Seadog
Seadog

Post by tangels »

Yeah there good but cost to much $$$ and it hurts when ya lose them.. Cant beat $15 halcos at kmart or bigW and there made in OZ.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Ripper fish mate. Personally, I use Reidy's Big Boss'
tangels
Seadog
Seadog

Post by tangels »

Cheers Lats. yeah got few of them too. I try to use australian made lures all the time. Plenty of go lure makers in oz.i :mrgreen:
fishhunter81
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fishhunter81 »

Yeah nice one. I've done well in the past out there with the Qantas Laser Pro's, but lately we're having trouble with getting some of their Crazy Deep's to stay down??? It never used to be an issue, but then we scored some new ones and they won't stay down, their action appears ok at the start and they head down but they inevitably end up drifting back up to the surface. We've reviewed our processes and nothing's changed, so to keep our ego's intact we've just settled on the theory that they must have been a dodgy batch from the factory........
Kaos364
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kaos364 »

tangels wrote:Yeah there good but cost to much $$$ and it hurts when ya lose them.. Cant beat $15 halcos at kmart or bigW and there made in OZ.
I used to run the Halco's, but lately I have found that more and more fail to swim properly. I still have a few old ones in the box that work, and indeed my biggest mack (36kg back in 2002) was caught on a Laser Pro in R14 colour. That said, my trusty red and white CD-26 lasted over 10 years, and was pretty much worn out! In the end it was a monster barracuda that killed it, ripped the center wire out and the timber just fell apart. I can honestly say that I caught far more 'big' fish on the Rap :mrgreen: As for losing them, you would be unlucky if rigged tough. I use 600yards 50lb braid with a 50yard topshot of 60lb leader, a 70lb black crane swivel and then 70-80lb single strand wire to the lure, and I swear by it :)

Seeing fish like yours reinvigorates my interest in pelagic fishing, might try and get out for a pelagic run later in the year! :fishy:

Cheers, Mick