Croc at Manton Dam

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Croc at Manton Dam

Post by Matt Flynn »

From the parks website, Nov 4 ...

Please be advised that Manton Dam Recreation Area south of Darwin is closed to the public following this morning’s sighting of what’s believed to be a Saltwater Crocodile.
Parks and Wildlife Commission NT rangers were checking and rebaiting a permanent crocodile trap at the Dam when they observed a splash and a whirlpool.
They also observed a large head of a crocodile and estimated its size at approximately 3.5m.
The behaviour of the animal further suggested it would likely be a Saltwater Crocodile.
As the temperature warms up and as salties become more active and aggressive, this is a timely reminder to BE CROCWISE.
Crocodiles will see you before you see them.
And it’s important to remember, the smaller the boat, the greater the risk of croc attack.
Go to www.nt.gov.au/becrocwise for more tips on how to BE CROCWISE.

Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Croc at Manton Dam

Post by Scottie5.3 »

No poop hey... Crocs in Manton dam, who would have thought.... :D
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

If they cleaned the crocs out of Darwin river dam would it solve the problem of Crocs getting into Manton? I couldnt see them climbing the Manton wall so they must move over from DRD?
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

NT Wombat wrote:If they cleaned the crocs out of Darwin river dam would it solve the problem of Crocs getting into Manton? I couldnt see them climbing the Manton wall so they must move over from DRD?
I have seen a turtle 1/2 way up the track to the side of the wall heading up to the top. I wouldn't rule out crocodiles to 2m being able to make that same trek.

Dan
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Seriously guys there crocs. You honestly think you can have a body of water that large holding fish and no crocs. They go wherever they please in the wet and stay there. Shitloads in Darwin river dam too, used to live about 2km behind the dam overflow and seen some big bastards in there. Manton is the same, only a matter of time before someone is taken
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne