Car insurance help

john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Car insurance help

Post by john d »

I bought a classic car last month ( i know this is a fishing forum but the car is a stingray).
I got a extensive and not cheap pre purchase inspection on it and was good.
The company I bought it of arranged transport and insurance for it.
When it arrived it was badly damaged.
I have been fighting with the transport company about it for weeks now and they claim it was pre existing damage.
I need to get an independent assessment on the vehicle but the only company I can find wont touch it due to them being a client of the transport company.
Does anyone know someone who can do a insurance inspection on a vehicle as i have rung every company i can think of.
Been quoted near $4k for the repairs. :cry:
:cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Car insurance help

Post by fff1964 »

Gees mate..............had some bad luck lately....

Me too my BSA CLUTCH pooped it's self trying to find someone that works on them up here is streching it......LOL.

sorry ca't help with assesor.

Hope to see the car though mate sounds good.

Cheers
vin

Post by vin »

I think Arafura crash repairs and Darwin Crash repairs have assessors that might be able to help.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Effing transport companies.... My mate was coming up from south for a fishing weekend, sent three rods up in a PVC tube, (just had one built for 400 odd, one was a T-curve he just bought for $360, and one other...) and when we picked it up the jube was covered in burnout marks from being continually run over by the forklift as they unloaded the container. Rods were all smashed, same old story about the damage, apparently not their fault. Flogs. Probably the same mob that shifted your car.