New boat, new member

Malted
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

New boat, new member

Post by Malted »

Hello All,
seems like it is the norm to introduce yourself when you join a forum, so here goes.

We are in Palmerston and moved up here about 1 1/2 yrs ago from Adelaide (were there 5 yrs).
I had some experience with little tinnies as a kid but have just bought my first new boat.

We have recently bought a Sea Jay 4.55 all rounder that I got customised a little. It was a tiller steer but is now a centre console (rearward instead of actually centre) and it now has a transom well with infill panels from it to the gunwales. This was perfect to stick a live bait tank in and puts the dual batteries and fuel cell under cover.
We got LED strip lighting put in under the gunwales and it is brilliant, even lights up the bait tank. 60 hp 4 stroke Honda and a permatrim.

We don't know much about fishing but we have a go at it (meaning I am not a technical fisherman). I love getting out on the water, boating is great, fishing is a bonus.
Looking forward to exploring the waters and GPS marks (yep bought the card).

I have been saying "we" because the wife likes the boat so much she reckons it is now her boat. She said she would never wear matching clothes with me (as Seppos are fond of doing) but she wanted a "Fishing shirt" and the one we chose for her was quite a good one, so I got one too. She's a bit cranky about that. "Hey mine is khaki and yours is blue" didn't smooth it over. :rofl:

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: New boat, new member

Post by Lats »

Hey mate, welcome. Wealth of knowledge on this site. Use the search function to find pretty much all the information you need to better your fishing in the NT. Also buy the Fish Finder Mag. Heaps of great info in there too
justlearning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by justlearning »

Gday
I am pretty new to it all as well.
What fishing clubs are there around the Darwin and Palmerston area.
Is it worth joining one.
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Hi, and welcome, there is a thread on here to show your rig, http://fishingterritory.com/boats-motor ... 23090.html.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Welcome!