Mud Crabs

Catch and cook a seafood buffet, with or without barramundi.
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Mud Crabs

Post by Skippadman »

Decided to have a break from the Bluewater today and headed out for a feed of muddies. Plenty of full crabs with a few big bucks thrown in. Was surprised to see so many blue swimmers though, anyone else found the same?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alfie
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Mud Crabs

Post by alfie »

Sweet, did you get a few? Thinking of trying tomorrow, didn't do to well a couple of weeks back. Put the pots out weekend before last, between Elizabeth and near Myrmidon, whilst out in the harbour. Got about 20 - 30 little blue swimmers and only 1 muddie. Moved the pots half way between the island out the front of Elizabeth and the ramp for the last couple of hours before the high and got only 3 muddies. Let's see how tomorrow goes, I guess.
Good judgement is learnt through experience.
Experience is learnt through bad judgement.
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

alfie wrote:Sweet, did you get a few? Thinking of trying tomorrow, didn't do to well a couple of weeks back. Put the pots out weekend before last, between Elizabeth and near Myrmidon, whilst out in the harbour. Got about 20 - 30 little blue swimmers and only 1 muddie. Moved the pots half way between the island out the front of Elizabeth and the ramp for the last couple of hours before the high and got only 3 muddies. Let's see how tomorrow goes, I guess.
7 big bucks and heaps of Jennies (only kept enough for a feed though). Heaps of tide today but the back eddies produced on chicken frames.
alfie
Seadog
Seadog

Post by alfie »

Sweet cheers for the info. Would be nice to get half dozen, for a family dinner on Monday. I personally don't eat them, as I get bl••dy gout every time I do. With the luck I've been having on fishing this year, I nearly always bring the pots. Almost guarantees I bring something home, so the missus doesn't think it was just boating. Lol
Good judgement is learnt through experience.
Experience is learnt through bad judgement.
alfie
Seadog
Seadog

Post by alfie »

Well as mentioned above, hit lizzy today with the wifeyand the 2 little men. Launched at midday and set 7 pot on the low, 3 pulls. Got 2 crabs in in 1 pot, on the second pull and that was it (nothing but blue swimmers on first and last pull).'Lost 1 pot in Mitchell in creek (approx. 200 meters up on the right), thinking the rope was too short. If anyone finds a float with Alfie (and my number) written on it. Take the crabs and please give me a yell. Had the kids and wife, so just a relaxing day on the water. Got only little fish (breams), so after tormenting, my 3 year old old, to give it a kiss, back they all went. Good day, with the family for 2 crabs. Did see a boat with a FFF sticker trolling, but didn't see anyone boat anything and spent awhile looking for the lost pot, so got back on dusk. Good day nonetheless, cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.