Help needed for - Billie locations, weather and tides

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
JasonFaulkner
Silver Member
Silver Member

Help needed for - Billie locations, weather and tides

Post by JasonFaulkner »

Hey all, I have been wondering a few things lately.

Firstly I've been wondering where everyone thinks are the best few bill fishing spots out of the Darwin (and wider Darwin region up to a few hundred km away). Personally sail city has been the best performer the last few years for me, but seen a few marlin free jumping at the Bathrust trench and Caught a few sails also out at Fenton patches.

Secondly, all of the sails I've caught/skippered have been at April and I've noticed that during April they do seem to be more prevelant but that may be due to the tides when I've gone out. (Looking for the best type of tides to go out on for Marlins and sails)

Thirdly, I have been wanting to plan a 3-4 day palegic/bill fishing trip away whenever possible later this year and am after information of when good weather is usually about for going out wide.

Any information would help, cheers.

Dinger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Help needed for - Billie locations, weather and tides

Post by Dinger »

Mal miles had a bit in th billfish section re best tides and checking back it was spot on with th times we had success at sth gutter.the tumes were so many days either side of full and new moons but would have to go back through old posts to find out now
ken_dog
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Help needed for - Billie locations, weather and tides

Post by ken_dog »

DGFC Billfish classic is on in Early November, 3 day comp with a heap of boats working various spots.