Marlin info

No barramundi here. Just snapper, whiting, samson, kingies, tuna ...
Timme1

Marlin info

Post by Timme1 »

Hi guys we are new to Darwin and will be bringing our boat (Grady White 265 Express) up in 4weeks, we are Marlin ,Sailfish enthusiasts are are after some info on areas to start looking for them and best times of the year. Pretty keen to get into some GT fishing also.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Marlin info

Post by Matt Flynn »

Fog Bay (Dundee) best for sails, reports suggest a few around this year, they are usually smallish fish there.

Little blacks show up in the same places.

The Dundee lads might post more detail, sailfish spots are not usually kept secret.

The area of the Witch's Nose (a visible contour line on the chart) is usually a good starting point.

Off Darwin itself the Fenton Patches, South Gutter and North Gutter areas produce a few bills.

(I often found big stacks of bait well before South Gutter, heading out from Darwin, but the water was usually a bit grubby and I never saw evidence of bills there, anyone else??? )
Dinger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Marlin info

Post by Dinger »

When I was in Darwin I logged all the Billfish GPS marks from the forum on a chart & theres quite a pattern of where billies have been found starting at Fenton through Sth & Nth gutter