The Joint Strike Lemon?

madmortimer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: F-35 'already outdated'

Post by madmortimer »

Matt Flynn wrote:Has Australia a factory that can even build a semi-auto/auto rifle?

I believe some ammo is made in Oz, but do we make any firearms?

There was a company in Melbourne making M16 replicas legally in 2013. The AR15 semi auto. Not in big numbers though and not sure if they still do.

shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Matt Flynn wrote:Has Australia a factory that can even build a semi-auto/auto rifle?

I'm sure the yanks will sell us anything we need at a price cheaper than what it could be put together for in Australia
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

madmortimer wrote:

There was a company in Melbourne making M16 replicas legally in 2013. The AR15 semi auto. Not in big numbers though and not sure if they still do.

The company in melbourne that does the AR15 is still going but not australian owned as far as i know..

The other company that springs to mind is "Lithgow Arms"....
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
madmortimer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by madmortimer »

shaggs wrote:

I'm sure the yanks will sell us anything we need at a price cheaper than what it could be put together for in Australia
Your not wrong, the Melbourne AR15 was selling for just under $9000!!!
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

Thales Australia make the Austeyr for the ADF. I think at the Lithgow Small Arms Factory.
pocketfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pocketfish »

The F-111s were not popular when we first got them either, the flying pig or some similar name they used to call them. I would advise waiting till our lads have the F-35s before being too quick to follow the opinion of non flying folk. Easy to poo poo on something you will never actually use.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innov ... 7423586922

Clearly not a blunder for whoever got the trillion bucks.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: F35 problems

Post by Matt Flynn »

Taz says the F35 is a goer ... http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... 1d739dcfb1

Main thing for fishos is to not let off a flare when one is flying nearby, the automated systems might rain death on your tinny.
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Defence wouldn't buy anything sub standard, off plan and over budget would they?.......... Need a dog but a cat is cheaper and the dog breeder thinks you will be a bad owner and won't let you have one anyway. So you buy said cat and discover that you still need a dog. Don't have money for a dog now so you send the cat to dog school (read performance upgrades) to teach it to bark. Discover that the Cat refuses to bark and the bastard won't come when it's told either so you're now left with a useless cat you still have feed but you still don't have a dog and so your place gets knocked off because who's scared of a bl..dy cat?!?
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innov ... 7862e60788

Says problems with the drive shaft, must be those goddam uni joints!
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

Guys you make me laugh.
The F35 is new technology. If it was to into an style dogfight with an aircraft made to dog fight, it would probably lose.
But its not designed like that. It is like comparing an old wall phone in your house (F111) to the latest I Phone.
The new fighters don't have the same range or fire power as an F111.
The F111 certainly does not have the same speed or range when it has 12x 1000 lb bombs hanging off its wings, then it is slower and less manourvarable, and has shorter range than than an F35 that carries its stuff internally. Also, the F35 is networked, so it does not even have to turn its radar on, the AWAC,s do that and data link the in infoi top the F35 from 400km away. The F35 can blind its opponent with its systems and fire a missile at its enemy, before the bad guy even knows its there.

Would you prefer an old carby powered 2 stroke motor and a graph paper sounder on your boat or a lowrance side scan and fuel injected 4 stroke?