The Joint Strike Lemon?

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: The Joint Strike Lemon?

Post by Matt Flynn »

Compar your depth sounder and mobile phone from 10 years ago, to what's available now.
I hope the smart bombs don't run on something similar to Fish ID ... might explain some of those civilian casualties .

STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: The Joint Strike Lemon?

Post by STANDY »

Like everything now days by the time they straighten out the faults the next model is out.

Look at the I-phone they bring out 5 have dramas so the just start on making I-phone 6
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Re: F35 problems

Post by barratrooper1 »

For reel informed knowledge of the F35, have a look at defence talk forums.
The nay sayers all have reasons. some the experts comments, like Dr Carlo Copp are absolutley laughable when looked at closley. he is a mobile phone expert. Ian mcPhedron has little or no credibility.
This aircraft is a game changer. 4th generation aircraft like the F18 etc are not in the game anymore. Like a landline phone compared to the new generation samsungs and i phones. the F35 can shoot down other aircraft witha variety of weapons, from guns,missiles to virus,s.....its not about speed, or manurvability anymore, those are not as relavent as in the past, its about networking,information and high tech gadjets. even if those things dont work, how can an enemy missile hit something it cant see? The enemy pilot might see the the F35, but ihe,s aircrafts systems will find it a lot harder, stealth is not just about being hard to detect.
Engine problems are common in anything new.
i drive an 08 hilux, i believe that the 06 and 07 had all sorts of drama,s with injectors. mercuary dont have a great reputation in hotter climats either.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I saw a show (4 corners I think) and the head yank in charge of the project admitted that there were major problems with the f35. He said SOME could and would be fixed
Very rare and frank admissions made by the bloke.

Ill bet he isnt in the job anymore
Fogazi
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fogazi »

Any specifically military aviation asset takes a long time from inception to fully operational. Like 20+ years from first prototypes. The F35 will be no different but will be a fantastic asset once going strong. Expect more delays.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Yeah they will be here in 2018. Hope they actually do what they are supposed to
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: F-35 'already outdated'

Post by Fish Tank »

It's a lemon, but we got talked into it by the yanks. We need at least part of our fleet of fighters to be fast long range combat aircraft like the old F-111s. Countries in Asia feared us because we had the F-111. A fleet made up of only F-35s is not the right choice for Australia. What good is a stealth fighter if you have to refuel every 2000ks? Shoot down the tanker and its useless. It can't even make it from Amberley to Darwin without refuelling. It also need to be kept in air-conditioning or it poops itself. :bonk:
Compare this:
F-111 has a range of 5,900 km the F-35 2,200 km
F-111 top speed 2,650 kmh the F-35 a little over 1,900 kmh
We traded in a lion for a mouse. :bonk:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Maybe those F-111s should have been mothballed in nitrogen filled storage, or something like that ...

If Asia wanted to come, they could do it in 10,000 little wooden boats. Probably "stealthy" too.
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

Fish Tank wrote:It's a lemon, but we got talked into it by the yanks. We need at least part of our fleet of fighters to be fast long range combat aircraft like the old F-111s. Countries in Asia feared us because we had the F-111. A fleet made up of only F-35s is not the right choice for Australia. What good is a stealth fighter if you have to refuel every 2000ks? Shoot down the tanker and its useless. It can't even make it from Amberley to Darwin without refuelling. It also need to be kept in air-conditioning or it poops itself. :bonk:
Compare this:

A mate worked for the RAAF for years.........He always said how lucky we were to have a plane with the capability's of the F 111 and that it was the most versatile capable reliable aircraft we would ever hope to have.
Fogazi
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fogazi »

Fish Tank wrote:It's a lemon, but we got talked into it by the yanks. We need at least part of our fleet of fighters to be fast long range combat aircraft like the old F-111s. Countries in Asia feared us because we had the F-111. A fleet made up of only F-35s is not the right choice for Australia. What good is a stealth fighter if you have to refuel every 2000ks? Shoot down the tanker and its useless. It can't even make it from Amberley to Darwin without refuelling. It also need to be kept in air-conditioning or it poops itself. :bonk:
Compare this:
What else where we to get? Doubt the Russians would sell us their flankers...

F111 were way to outdated. Get over it you bunch of fanbois
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Fish Tank wrote:It also need to be kept in air-conditioning or it poops itself.
I bet that the maintenance people just spread that as a rumour so they could get to work in a/c :rofl: :rofl:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Has Australia a factory that can even build a semi-auto/auto rifle?

I believe some ammo is made in Oz, but do we make any firearms?